PDA

View Full Version : VR4s replacement......

ritch_w
31-08-2005, 01:38 PM
So after being VR4 less for nearly a month I have some new transport, to get to this i test drove the following;

Audi A6 1.8T Avant
Merc C200
Vectra 2.2 DTi SRi
Galant 2.0 Classic
Passat 2.0 SE

none of which floated my boat, so we decided the wife should get the "sensible" family car (arriving next week) and i should get a cheapish runaround.

so here it is;

Nick Mann
31-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Alloys and a spoiler on the way?! :rolleyes4

I did that. It didn't work! I ended up back with forced induction!! :p

Can't fault the choice, really, though! :thumbsup:

Big Ian
31-08-2005, 01:56 PM
:thumbsup: welcome back to the G world Ritch (did you keep the part's from your last V6 sport?)

ritch_w
31-08-2005, 03:16 PM
welcome back to the G world Ritch (did you keep the part's from your last V6 sport?)

Most of it went with the VR4 as i didnt expect to get another galant (i was thinking modeo at the time........ /duh /duh /duh

Alloys and a spoiler on the way?! I did that. It didn't work! I ended up back with forced induction!! Can't fault the choice, really, though!

TBH i havent really missed the VR4 (blasphemer!!!) or the running costs!!!!! Its not the main car now so dunno if i could afford a decent vr4 anyways.... so i'll wait and see on that one.

The car has FSH over 100K (belts just done this week) so i'm going to run it for a month and sort the cosmetics before making a decision regarding how long i keep it and mods.

Mechanically its sweet as a nut - not what i was expecting for the miles, but cosmetically its been a bit negleted, paint was very flat and plenty of evidence of car washes on the paintwork (recipts for car wash tokens under the seats confimed this :embarasse /grr /pan ) so yesterday i did the 3 step meguilars polishing thingy - now it shines and actually shows reflections on the paint, but still needs a good t-cut and de-tarring then polishing.

really like the leather and the 5 sp box in the V6 is a revalation compared to the Sport so pretty pleased with it so far :thumbsup:

its great to be back in a galant :thumbsup:

The Vee
04-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I like it :thumbsup: But then I should do really !!

ritch_w
05-09-2005, 08:08 AM
I like it :thumbsup: But then I should do really !!

yesterday was spent cleaning the grotty engine bay - will post some pics later

jerryd_33
05-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Would you be interested in a face lifted VR4 boot Spoiler?

Cheers,
Gerald.

ritch_w
06-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Would you be interested in a face lifted VR4 boot Spoiler?

Cheers,
Gerald.

you have a PM sir :thumbsup:

KiwiTT
06-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Welcome back Ritch to the "Galant" fold. The 8G Galant is still a great looking car, nearly 10 years on.