PDA

View Full Version : Paint Code

DUNLY
31-08-2005, 03:04 PM
where is it you find the paint code for your car, is it under the bonnet, on the metal plate?

Big Ian
31-08-2005, 03:34 PM
where is it you find the paint code for your car, is it under the bonnet, on the metal plate?

/yes AYE Hamilton silver code A71 (i think :rolleyes4 )

AncientOfMu
31-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Bear in mind though I'm having a front bumper and grill painted and for the Pyrennes Black my car is there are TWO different shades of Black??

Same paint code different paint.

Be careful even if the code is the same you may still be able to tell a difference.

Just a thought

Don

DUNLY
31-08-2005, 03:56 PM
zedy wreckoned it was the same colour as ians, i believe my car is the same as ians. i shall check once i get home, if its the colour i need, then im well chuffed, cos thats a lot of hassle gone! :thumbsup:

AncientOfMu
31-08-2005, 04:19 PM
All I was trying to say, maybe I didnt explain it very well, if I had bought a bumper from a Pyrennes Black car with an identical paint code to mine it would not necessarily mean that the shade of black was identical. Mitsubishi decided to make two shades but with the same paint code.

It may not apply with the Hamilton Silver colour I just wanted to forewarn you that when you get it you may notice a slight difference in the colours.

Still all that said a Hamilton Silver Bootlid would be a hell of a lot better than a Roanne Red one :P.

It really depends on how picky you are.

Sorry if I didn't make much sense the first time its bloody hot down south here today :evil2:

Don

DUNLY
31-08-2005, 04:37 PM
hope i didny come across awfy defensive there mate, no intention meant what so ever, get u now about the paint shades. is it sunny down there as well as hot?? up here its roasting, at work, and sweating away like a whores errr bum /Hmmm , except its awfy dull! roll on the thunder and lightning :evil2:

AncientOfMu
31-08-2005, 04:47 PM
All good in my book It is just so hard not to come across as pushy when typing messages and things are so easily taken the wrong way.

Anyhoo yeah Its F-ing hot and not a cloud in the sky. We got aircon here at work but the other people I work with insist on it being set to 22 Degrees :(.

I would much rather it be 18 and yeah I've got a whores ass here at the mo :P

Don

DUNLY
31-08-2005, 04:58 PM
its all good man, dont worry bout it.

the amount of err confrontation/debates wae women is quite funny, because 9 times out of 10 they take a txt the total opposite way that there meant to! haha women.

DUNLY
31-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Well done to Ian A71 would be the code! :thumbsup:

Ollpen
01-09-2005, 01:15 AM
There will be a alloy plate in the engine compartment (probably attached to the bonnet) telling you the color code (among with model, chassi#, engine etc)
Usually 1 letter and 2 digits.

BraindG
01-09-2005, 08:02 AM
The code itself can be found here