PDA

View Full Version : taking front drive-shafts out

Kenneth
31-08-2005, 10:51 PM
If you do this, will the fluid come out of the transfer case?

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know if having the front drive-shafts out will screw up anything?

BraindG
31-08-2005, 11:14 PM
no, and no... :smug:

Was an easy enough operation for me..

zedy1
31-08-2005, 11:17 PM
no
the car wont drive and oil should leak out of gearbox

BraindG
31-08-2005, 11:18 PM
no oil came out of mine.. but then again, perhaps most of it already pissed out before hand :) - and yeah, mo's right.. with the shafts out you can't drive it very well :p

Kenneth
31-08-2005, 11:27 PM
no oil came out of mine.. but then again, perhaps most of it already pissed out before hand :) - and yeah, mo's right.. with the shafts out you can't drive it very well :p

I percieve the voice of experiance /Hmmm

Thanks guys.

I got a rather interesting problem with the nearside front not running true, have to check if anything is bent :(
Mal crashed my car when I was in England... :bigcry:

BraindG
01-09-2005, 07:45 AM
oh no!... hopefully its not to bad? - i wrote up a guide in the articles section on how to take it off, its really simple.. the only sod was getting it off the gearbox.. the springclips on the drive shaft were a pain..

bradc
01-09-2005, 07:51 AM
It's not anything related to that mag wheel you crunched? I know I promised it to you, I'll put my EVO mags on eventually!

Kenneth
01-09-2005, 09:35 PM
It's not anything related to that mag wheel you crunched? I know I promised it to you, I'll put my EVO mags on eventually!

Nah, this happened while I was away. its actually bent the car by the looks of things. The bonnet isn't sealing for on, and thats usually a good indication that something bent.
One of the offside front linkages has been bent (about 10mm) and some other stuff as well.

There is other damage, but I don't want to think about it that much just now :P