PDA

View Full Version : KAD Brakes ?

Spirit
31-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Anyone who has been considering upgrading their brakes may like to know this info !

I recently had my KAD discs skimmed as they needed it after several track days and RT2, and was informed that next time they need to be replaced.

Bearing in mind they are 330mm in size, I was sweating as I typed an email to KAD asking the price.

The reply came back today:

"The discs themselves are £140 each plus vat, the bolt kits are £7.50 each plus vat which gives a total of £346.62 including vat and nextday carriage. We have these in stock."

For once it was a pleasant surprise......I was guessing at £500 :thumbsup:

HJM
01-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks Pete - good to know :thumbsup:

Most other people's disc will last a lot longer than yours as you drive like a nutter /yes :rolleyes4 /Steeringw :evil2:

Spirit
01-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Most other people's disc will last a lot longer than yours as you drive like a nutter /yes :rolleyes4 /Steeringw :evil2:

From you I take that as a compliment :thumbsup: :smug:

BraindG
01-09-2005, 07:54 AM
do you recommend these over the Nationals?

Simon
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
/yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes ........................... /yes

Kieran
01-09-2005, 05:47 PM
do you recommend these over the Nationals?

Don't really think there's any comparrison. The Nationals are a good upgrade. The KADs are just in a different league; they're Whopper Stoppers. Would be interesting to see how KADs compare to Brembos.

d3x
02-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Anyone who has been considering upgrading their brakes may like to know this info !

I recently had my KAD discs skimmed as they needed it after several track days and RT2, and was informed that next time they need to be replaced.

Bearing in mind they are 330mm in size, I was sweating as I typed an email to KAD asking the price.

The reply came back today:

"The discs themselves are £140 each plus vat, the bolt kits are £7.50 each plus vat which gives a total of £346.62 including vat and nextday carriage. We have these in stock."

For once it was a pleasant surprise......I was guessing at £500 :thumbsup:

That's great! but what callipers are you using and how much would they be?

Simon
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
KAD set up is approx £1,600. :rolleyes4 6 pots, same appearance as AP Racing and HiSpec

PS Worth every penny, Ive got two sets on my credit card that im still paying off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /yes /help /pan /pan /pan

MunkyWrench
13-03-2006, 08:23 AM
which calipers? KAD typ G? or Type H? 330mm rotors?

I have 18inch advanti aztecX on my prefacelift legnum and im thinking ill go for the 17inch kit from KAD..

i dont want to bother with the evo 6 brembo hub swap trick.. sounds dodge.