PDA

View Full Version : vr4 induction

V6nut
01-09-2005, 09:31 AM
anyone know if a vr4 HKS induction kit will fit onto a v6 sport?

ritch_w
01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
anyone know if a vr4 HKS induction kit will fit onto a v6 sport?

yes - same airbox & MAF :thumbsup:

V6nut
01-09-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm really confused, please help. Looking at an HKS mushroom filter that is apparently for the VR4, how would this fit to the big plastic box under my bonnet? I guess some bits gotta come out right?

Nick Mann
01-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Have a look in members cars. Look at Wirdy's car, near the bottom of the page. He has a very good photo of a HKS (style?) filter bolted on.

Also Spirits car has a photo of one in place.

ritch_w
01-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm really confused, please help. Looking at an HKS mushroom filter that is apparently for the VR4, how would this fit to the big plastic box under my bonnet? I guess some bits gotta come out right?

the "mushroom" fits on the end of the MAF and replaces the standard airbox - gotta watch out for drawing in heat with those types of filters.....

V6nut
01-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Need to put in piping of some sort then? Channel air from the front grilles without picking up too much heat I spose?

SGHOM
01-09-2005, 08:32 PM
gotta watch out for drawing in heat with those types of filters.....

Why not put the filter outside the car ?? like mine ! /yes :smug:

strapping young lad
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
yeh i was thinking that too, can a pipe not be extended down to the grille and have the mushroom there instead of in the engine bay where air is warmer?

richy rich
01-09-2005, 10:27 PM
yeh i was thinking that too, can a pipe not be extended down to the grille and have the mushroom there instead of in the engine bay where air is warmer?
i think you should be careful of doing this, this can suck in water when going through deep water on motorway say, keep air fillter were it is and bring pipes up from grill. /Hmmm

strapping young lad
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM
fair point but you are relying on the fact that this pipe will allow air through freely enough to feed the filter

maybe mount the filter behind the uppermost grille (where the unmodified versions have the plastic intake currently)

or

mount a snorkel! ;)

Kenneth
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
i think you should be careful of doing this, this can suck in water when going through deep water on motorway say, keep air fillter were it is and bring pipes up from grill. /Hmmm

There are these things (devices?) that you put in your intake piping after the filter (and i suppose before the AFM if you can) which in the case of water being drawn (i think the vacuum becomes very great when trying to suck up water) opens up and draws air from the engine bay. viola, you maybe save your engine.