PDA

View Full Version : LC-1's

Wodjno
01-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I have just secured a great deal on Innovate LC-1's that means i can offer them out at agreat price. If anyone is interested let me know..
The price is £115 if your paying by cheque or postal order or cash.. Or £117 by Pay Pal..

Cheers

WODJ

Louis
01-09-2005, 11:02 PM
HI,
Does that include the sensor, or is that just the cable thang?, cheers Louis

Wodjno
02-09-2005, 04:42 AM
HI,
Does that include the sensor, or is that just the cable thang?, cheers Louis

It includes the Bosch LSU 4.2 Wideband 02 sensor.. /yes

mike
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Anyone know if you can hook these into the Apexi PowerFC? (Non-VR4)

Mike.

bernmc
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Have you got a link for more info on these things, wodge? Is it just a sensor, or is there a guage with it? Interface?

Wodjno
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Have you got a link for more info on these things, wodge? Is it just a sensor, or is there a guage with it? Interface?

The LC1 withe the o2 sensor allows you to view date via a laptop... The LM1 allows you to record data without a laptop, upto 44mins real time and then later download it into Pc.. The xd1 is a gauge with an o2 sensor to read your afr..

Try here.. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

Anything you see, I can get .. /yes

bernmc
03-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Dodgy DelBoy Wodga... how long does it take you to get these (LC-1). How and where have you mounted your sensor? Did you drill your exhaust and weld the bung in?

I'm poor now, but should be a bit better off at the end of the month...

The next q is whether to use an Apexi AFC to fiddle with the mixture, or go the whole hog and get an emanage. I don't like the idea of having the engine check light on all the time though...

Wodjno
03-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Dodgy DelBoy Wodga... how long does it take you to get these (LC-1). How and where have you mounted your sensor? Did you drill your exhaust and weld the bung in?

I'm poor now, but should be a bit better off at the end of the month...

The next q is whether to use an Apexi AFC to fiddle with the mixture, or go the whole hog and get an emanage. I don't like the idea of having the engine check light on all the time though...

I will have some more stock in by the end of the month..

Mine is fitted in the same pipe as the original 02 sensor ..

E-manage... As said by Valmes you will only have the CEL on if you connect to Add and Trim fuel at the injectors.. If you just connect to Add it won't be dispalyed..

Kenneth
03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
An interesting thing to keep in mind too is that the VR-4 doesn't care if you disconnect the standard O2 sensor and use the LC-1 to emulate narrow band.

Apparently some ECUs get upset if they detect the heater drive has been disconnected (read it as a faulty O2 sensor)

I use my LC-1 instead of the standard sensor also. I am very happy with it and dyno results show that my AFRs are very close to optimal

bernmc
03-05-2006, 11:19 PM
...As said by Valmes you will only have the CEL on if you connect to Add and Trim fuel at the injectors.. If you just connect to Add it won't be dispalyed..

As this is an english forum, I'd prefer it if you speak english :inquisiti :D Wotthedevilisthedifference eh?

And from Ken's comments, I assume that you can pull the std lambda out, snip the wires and rewire to the LC-1 sensor....?

Wodjno
03-05-2006, 11:24 PM
As this is an english forum, I'd prefer it if you speak english :inquisiti :D Wotthedevilisthedifference eh?

Which bit Dya want in English ??

And from Ken's comments, I assume that you can pull the std lambda out, snip the wires and rewire to the LC-1 sensor....?

Not sure how the LC-1 would feel about this..:inquisiti

And prefer to have the both running.. !

Kenneth
03-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Bern, think about the way the ECU controls the injectors... pulse width modulation, ie: keeping current on the injectors for a certian period of time, then removing current to let them close.

If you just TAP the injector line, you cant make the injectors open for LESS time than the ECU determines they should be open, but you can use it to hold them open for longer, as your circuit can keep the current to the injectors even when the ECU no longer does so.

If you CUT the injector wires, then you can do what you want with the injector pulse width, make it longer or shorter as needed because the ECU is not connected. However this will bring up CEL

As for connecting the LC-1, you dont need to snip the wires to the standard O2 sensor, just tap into the standard loom on the ECU side of the standard plug. this means that all you need to do is un-plug the standard O2 sensor and you are away. also means you can put the standard O2 sensor back in with no worries. (just plug it back in and disconnect the LC-1)

I did it this way and used a bullet connector to connect the LC-1 to the standard wiring, so i can swap back to standard in a matter of minutes (aside from changing the sensor in the exaust)

bernmc
03-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Ta Kenneth. Cleared that up. Now I only have rear brembo discs & pads, an LC-1 and possibly an emanage on my shopping list... :(

Kenneth
03-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Ta Kenneth. Cleared that up. Now I only have rear brembo discs & pads, an LC-1 and possibly an emanage on my shopping list... :(

Np. was it worth a http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif? ;)

bernmc
03-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Np. was it worth a http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif?

Maybe, if you've been a good boy, you should look in your xmas stocking... :2thumbsup

Kenneth
03-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Maybe, if you've been a good boy, you should look in your xmas stocking... :2thumbsup

Lol. Cheers Bern, your comments are always good for a laugh :2thumbsup

bernmc
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Lol. Cheers Bern, your comments are always good for a laugh :2thumbsup

You mean, worth a http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif??? :D:):D

Note to self: Stop posting tat and go to bed now you stupid boy. You're ruining your reputaion for pure quality, and somebody's bound to want an epidural at 3am :|

bradc
04-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Has anyone ever considered running 2 sensors and running one on each exhaust bank? I know that me and Kenneth have talked about this in the past, but wouldn't it be interesting to see if one bank runs leaner than the other.