PDA

View Full Version : Club VR-4 invite to MLR trackdays

darin
02-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone,

Not sure how many of you are into trackdays over here, but I thought it'd be good to invite you all along to the last two MLR (Mitsubishi Lancer Register) trackdays of 2005, and hopefully get some real varied Mitsubishi action going!

Snetterton, 21st Oct and Oulton Park, 26th Nov are the dates & venues, and the other all-important details are;

- ‘open pit lane’ format so you don’t have to worry about sessions and can have the most relaxed day being able to come and go as they please – after a full briefing and sighting laps
- free professional instruction
- full tyre services
- trackside photography
- helmet hire
- garages will all be available for use on the day as will the restaurant facilities
- all drivers also receive an information pack prior to the day.

Noise limits are 104 and 105db, so this shouldn’t be an issue either.
Both days cost £149 for a car/driver – the same rate as for MLR members, and can be booked online; http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=4 or by cheque made payable to the MLR and sent to PO Box 2740, Radstock, BA3 2XZ (I can send booking forms to anyone who’s interested in attending). *** Please note that you'll have to book at the non member rate, but I'll refund you £10 on the day***
Additional drivers and passenger are £35 and £10 respectively and can be dealt with on the day.

If you have any questions please post here or mail me; darin@lancerregister.com

Cheers,

Darin

Kieran
02-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey Darin - Nice to see you on here.

That sounds quite good..... I might well be tempted! /Hmmm /Steeringw /Steeringw

darin
02-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Would be great to see you there Keiran. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping we can get a group of VR4s, GTOs, FTOs, Colts and Starions . . . oh, and EVOs & Lancer Turbos of course! to both events - should make for a fantastic day for all the Mitsubishi clubs.

Spirit
02-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Hey Darin, great to hear from you again mate.

Firstly, on behalf of CVR4 thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

There are quite a few trackers on here, myself included, so I'm sure you will have some interest. I won't be able to make Snetterton as I am on holiday but Oulton sounds possible........and the chance of some rain that time of year too so tyre wear may not be so bad :evil2:

Pete

HJM
02-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the offer Darin :thumbsup: - will discuss with our track regulars this weekend at Trax - and I'd better make sure its ok with my social secretary :joker:

ps Kieran are you finally going to get your shiny missile out on track /Hmmm

Kieran
02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
ps Kieran are you finally going to get your shiny missile out on track /Hmmm

What do you mean, "finally"? :inquisiti

Both my GLS and my V6 saw some track time. As for my VR-4, well I doubt it for now. Not untill I've made some changes. It didn't cope very well with the track session at Combe earlier this year, however I have ideas for improving it's performance in these departments. As it stands though, not for now....

/Devil5

Jimbo
02-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Snetterton and Oulton Park, eh? Cool, not done either of them before :thumbsup:

All I need to do now is get my car working again :rolleyes4

Jimbo
02-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Ahh, 21st Oct is a Friday.....what with my UJCC fiasco last month I think I'm booking this day off RIGHT now !

V6nut
02-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Can memebers come watch? I'm gonna be on crutches at this time but would love to watch the action!

Physician
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi Darin,

Many thanks for the offer ........ sounds great.

I'm certainly up for it at Oulton Park rather than Snetterton (so that CVR4 members can plan who is going where/when).

Fingers crossed that my new P/S pump pulley is fitted by then.

Richard

darin
12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies guys - looks like we'll have a few VR4s at both dates with a bit of luck!

Pete,
I came over to see you (finally!) at Trax, but my timing was impeccably bad as your guys were out on track so the stand was a ghost town! Doh!! Unfortunately I never got back across.

HJM,
What was the outcome from discussing it with everyone at Trax???

V6 Nut,
Everyone's welcome to spectate and it costs nothing to get into either circuit. You can always jump in for some passenger laps with other CVR4 members too - or MLR members (they're a friendly bunch! :happy: ) although I'd advise leaving the crutches out of the car!

Physician, Jimbo and everyone,
If you'd like me to send you a booking form please email me your address (darin@lancerregister.com) or simply book online at http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=4 You will have to book as a non-member but I'll refund you a tenner on the day.

Cheers - and here's to a good couple of Mitsubishi trackdays!! :thumbsup:

Darin

Jimbo
12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Well I'm up for both of these /yes

Anyone else?

The Vee
12-09-2005, 11:18 AM

Anyone else?

I'd love to attend at least one of these events, but as usual I'm working nights on both dates.

Physician
12-09-2005, 12:49 PM

Anyone else?

Yep, I'm up for Oulton Park BUT only if my P/S pump and new pulley is fitted by then. The Company that are making it were slow in testing it previously and whereas they said it would be ready by 20 September I have my doubts. Anyway, a few weeks to go yet so fingers crossed.

Nick Mann
12-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I want to, but need to get the money in my pocket first. I'll probably decide after my hols in a few weeks if I can find a way to afford it.

Once again, Darin, thank very much for the offer. There were some good positive comments at Trax, so hopefully some of us will be able to take you up on it!!

HJM
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM

Anyone else?

Both days booked /Steeringw

richy rich
12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
thanks for the offer darin. :thumbsup:
dont think ill be taking you up on the offer thou this year. :inquisiti
but will try and get to oulton park to watch may be take a ride with some one. :thumbsup:

darin
13-09-2005, 02:36 PM
HJM,

Thanks for the booking for both Snetterton and Oulton Park! :thumbsup: Now looking forward to a few more VR4 joining in the fun and games!

Richy,
Everyone's welcome to come along and spectate, so see you there.

Nick,

Once again, Darin, thank very much for the offer. There were some good positive comments at Trax, so hopefully some of us will be able to take you up on it!!
Yeah - I hope a few CVR4 members will be able to make it to both . . . . the MLR days are always nice and relaxed with lots of tracktime for everyone, so I'm quitely confident that anyone who can make it will have a great time - and learn a little from the instructors too!! :happy:

Physician,

Anyway, a few weeks to go yet so fingers crossed
Got 'em crossed!

The Vee,
I used to work nights too - book the last half off on the night before, and the first half off on the day itself! (Well, I know what I mean!! :rolleyes4 ) /Steeringw

Jimbo
14-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Damn, nearly forgot....ok, both days now booked :)

/Steeringw /Steeringw /Steeringw

Rally205
14-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi Darin,

Is Oulton the full circuit? I love that track so may well be up for it if I can persuade the Mrs.

Do you still wear those chequered trousers? :happy:

Marcus

RED
14-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I love that track so may well be up for it if I can persuade the Mrs.

Marcus

/Hmmm /pan /Handbag

Jimbo
14-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Awwww Jane!!!

Let Marcus come out to play, purrrleeeeeeze, we'll be good I promise :karate:

darin
15-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Hi Marcus,

Yes it's the full International circuit at Oulton, and yes I do still wear the chequered trousers . . . but only at trackdays! :happy: :joker:

See you there (?????)

HJM
15-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Look forward to seeing you there Marcus :thumbsup: I'm sure Jane won't mind you borrowing her car /grr :rolleyes4 /Hmmm

Quad Al
16-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I will Definately be at Oulton park, Maybe even put my motor on the track too!!!.
What an opportunity, What a Track. :thumbsup:

Jimbo
16-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Yay, good news Al - see you there mate /Steeringw

SGHOM
16-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I will be there......... deffo ! :thumbsup:
whether I'm on the track is another matter ? /Hmmm

Jimbo
16-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Good news Derek :thumbsup: Is anybody coming over to Snetterton on Friday?

richy rich
16-10-2005, 05:13 PM
y whats on jimbo

Jimbo
16-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Errrrm! An MLR Trackday ;)

/lol

richy rich
16-10-2005, 05:20 PM
sorry jimbo
had a beer or 2 i thought both days were in November.
i mite go if a can clear that day mite not be able to go in the car tho
if i can go can i catch a lift with u as wife will need the car.

Jimbo
16-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah no problem Rich - not sure whether I'm going down the night before or not though.

richy rich
17-10-2005, 09:10 PM
ok tar jimbo :thumbsup:
when will you now, were are you staying if you do go down thurs.

Jimbo
18-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Rich, I am going to be stopping over on the Thursday night - I decided it's just not fair to the human race for them to have to suffer Cranky Jimbo at stupid'o-clock in the morning. (Now they'll just have to suffer me at not-so-stupid'o-clock ;) )

You're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me Thursday afternoon - I'll pm you details for the "inn" if you're still up for it.

Anybody else apart from Rich and Derek thinking about gatecrashing? There's passenger seats with at least three sane, safe, and sensible drivers for you to "tour" with - me (obviously :embarasse ), Heath (goes without saying :karate: ), and Jet Slag (when not showboating /Nuuu ) - so bring a spare pair of underpants :joker:

SGHOM
18-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Anybody else apart from Rich and Derek thinking about gatecrashing? spare :

It's Oulton I'm doing Jim, not snottyton !! :rolleyes4

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Got back late last night from another great trackday that a few CVR4 members gatecrashed and turned into a bit of a micro-meet.

The weather was….well, interesting! We had horrendous conditions for most of the morning with huge lakes of standing water on most of the track that caused more than few problems for a handful of scoobies, 2 of which managed to collide when one did a double spin at the first corner and was met side-on by another with no place to go. A slightly more serious incident occurred just afterwards as well, at the same corner – this time the Impreza in question managed to do a complete roll.

No serious issues for Heath, Simon and myself though. Heath’s car probably suffered the most in the rain from being so low (you could really feel the water smacking the underside every few seconds!!), but by the afternoon when the sun came out and the track dried-up he was flying round. Simon was having his usual fun as well…the 1st right-hand hairpin before the back-straight became “Simon’s corner” (there’s one at every track) as he began throwing it in sideways using all of the run-off and occasionally a bit of the grass to get the jump on the car was shadowing…..none of this overtaking on straights for Simon, oh, no, no! Cracking corner though….a 3-AYC jobbie for Heath and me.

We were no match for any of the 911’s, race bred MX5’s, a lot of the EVO’s, and even some of the scoobies, so there’s little to report on the “kill” front, not that that bothers me particularly. We didn’t have much overtake us in the rain as you’d expect, but come the afternoon when the more serious people had fitted their slicks and were prepared to let their more powerful cars stretch their legs on the 2 long straights then we didn’t stand much chance. I did notice a certain silver Legnum go round the outside of a few cars on the corners though!

Not sure how many laps we did, but for me it was about 120 miles and two and half tanks of petrol’s worth! The only part of the car I think I seriously abused was the brakes – I had smoke coming from the REARS at one point!!

In summary; a really top day – thanks to Simon, Heath, and Jane for your excellent company as always, and a big thanks to Darin, the guys from Track Speed, and the MLR for the excellent organisation and smooth running. Roll on Oulton Park. /Steeringw

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Jane took loads of pictures that I’m sure she’ll post up soon, but here’s a couple of random shots from me:

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok....so I've just been out for my first run, maybe 6 or 7 laps....I park back up, open the bonnet, walk round to the back of my car and....the story goes something like this:

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Can you see? Ok....a little closer:

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 05:04 PM
....macro-mode:

:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

The little bleeder was working his way up the side of my car and then up my rear window as I was "screaming" round the circuit for 15 minutes or so. How embarrassing is that?! /lol

richy rich
22-10-2005, 05:32 PM
im sorry i missed this day but glad you had a good time.

Physician
22-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Looks like another good day ....... water always works to our advantage.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/snail.jpg

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 10:19 PM
/haz

Thanks for that pic, Rich :thumbsup:

Spirit
23-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Where's the rest of the pic's, and stories of Evo bashings ? :evil2:

HJM
23-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, we have just got home after Snetterton, the eastern mini meet and an unplanned gathering of 'the usual suspects' last night - what a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

Over 600 miles and worth every one - it was an absolute cracker :happy:

Thanks to Jimbo & Simon for making Snetterton such a great day and to Darin for inviting us, can't wait for Oulton /Steeringw

Great to see you guys at the EMM and sorry we had to rush off (but you were late :joker: )

And what a great way to finish the weekend off - a nice hotel and some great company (oh and one or two drinks :chugchug: ) - Paul, Soraya, Graham, Marilyn and Simon - great to see you all as usual and we've talked Graham into RT3 too :rolleyes4

I'll post some pics later /yes

K9NG
23-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Thats dedication for you /Steeringw we had a great night :chugchug: thanks for popping by look forward to the next one.

Simon
23-10-2005, 10:08 PM
/pan

Kieran
23-10-2005, 10:09 PM
/haz

Nice one Simon!!! /lol

Physician
24-10-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm praying that my P/S pump + new pulley will be ready this Tuesday, so ..........

I was thinking about staying Friday night 25/11/05 somewhere close to Oulton Park. Then I got to thinking that Jimbo is roughly 45 mins from Oulton Park so maybe a hotel in/near Newcastle-under-Lyme so that we could have dinner and a few drinks the night before.

Anyway, if Newcastle would suit others who may wish to stay overnight as well ..........

1] Jimbo can you recommend a Travel Inn, Hilton, or whatever, that is close to you?

2] Anyone else want to join in?

This is all providing Jimbo wants us that close to him! :embarasse

Rich (whose tyre pressures are now correct) :embarasse

HJM
24-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Simon - you are a complete @rse /haz /haz

richy rich
24-10-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm praying that my P/S pump + new pulley will be ready this Tuesday, so ..........

I was thinking about staying Friday night 25/11/05 somewhere close to Oulton Park. Then I got to thinking that Jimbo is roughly 45 mins from Oulton Park so maybe a hotel in/near Newcastle-under-Lyme so that we could have dinner and a few drinks the night before.

Anyway, if Newcastle would suit others who may wish to stay overnight as well ..........

1] Jimbo can you recommend a Travel Inn, Hilton, or whatever, that is close to you?

Rich (whose tyre pressures are now correct) :embarasse
i can't recomend a hotel but this looks ok
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/pTiibsRedirect.do?INNID=NEWBRE&iscsell=true
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/home.do
same price for a twin/double (2 adaults) as a single.

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Haha!

I'll do some hunting around for hotels my side of Stoke (north-J16 M6 side) later, but I have a spare room and a double fouton that's up for grabs should anyone want to make use of it - once I've cleaned out all the old bits of computer and books that are sat in there up to waist-height at the moment!

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 11:25 AM
This is the only one that comes to mind at the moment - it's where we used to put up our Canadian programmers when they came over (when we still had Canadian programmers) - they seemed to like it a lot, hence the recommendation:

http://www.haydon-house-hotel.co.uk/

It's right by the A500 and about on the road leading into Newcastle town centre.

Oulton is probably only 25 miles from me, but there's no direct route so I think you're right Rich; it'll most probably take about 45 mins. If the preference is to get a hotel closer to the circuit, I'd stop over too to make a night of it.

Physician
24-10-2005, 12:38 PM
That hotel looks great to me Jimbo - and as it's on your doorstep I guess it's easy for you to join me/us for the evening? (Taxi home?!!)

However, if someone knows a decent hotel near Oulton ......... it would be preferable providing you come and stay as well James (as you intimated).

Who else wants to stay overnight? Derek? Heath & Jane? Andy? Anyone else? Come on Brunty!

We probably need to book as quickly as possible as other MLR members will book up hotels close to circuit. (Which means we can race them to the circuit in the morning! NOT!)

HJM
24-10-2005, 07:01 PM
(Which means we can race them to the circuit in the morning! NOT!)

You'll have to be up early then, they'd all gone by the time we went for breakfast - at 7am!!

The MLR are staying at the Premier Travel Inn at Northwich - they have rooms available at the moment, but they are going fast /yes

We are easy, as long as there is a bed and some alcohol, we'll both be happy :chugchug:

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Sounds good to me Jane......what do you reckon Rich? I say we get booked up there and have a good night of it.

Simon!!!! Front and centre!!! Gimme your credit card details, I'll get you booked up ;)

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Just got these sent in email:

http://www.pearsosphotographic.co.uk/events/051021_MLR_Snetterton/images/45/index.html

Somebody choose me a print to buy!!! I can't decide between the 2nd and the 6th.

HJM
24-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Sounds good to me Jane......what do you reckon Rich? I say we get booked up there and have a good night of it.

Simon!!!! Front and centre!!! Gimme your credit card details, I'll get you booked up ;)

Booked - Friday and Saturday night :thumbsup:

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Main page (see also nos 31 and 43):

http://www.pearsosphotographic.co.uk/tick3.html

Physician
24-10-2005, 09:40 PM
OK ............ Booked for Friday night 25/11/05. (Wedding suite in case I get lucky!)

HJM
24-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Just got these sent in email:

http://www.pearsosphotographic.co.uk/events/051021_MLR_Snetterton/images/45/index.html

Somebody choose me a print to buy!!! I can't decide between the 2nd and the 6th.

The 6th one - more movement and an Evo behind you :thumbsup:

Jimbo
24-10-2005, 10:19 PM
The 6th one - more movement and an Evo behind you :thumbsup:

Ahhh, yes....the photographer's keen eye, I think you're right :thumbsup:

Ok....I'm booked up to for the Friday night (25th)....it was the Northwich (full stop) and not the Northwich South hotel, wasn't it? /Hmmm

/edit - 520 Chester Road, Sandiway ....yes?

HJM
24-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Ok....I'm booked up to for the Friday night (25th)....it was the Northwich (full stop) and not the Northwich South hotel, wasn't it? /Hmmm

/edit - 520 Chester Road, Sandiway ....yes?

That's the one /yes

The Vee
25-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Yep No6 would be my choice, Does look like the best action shot as J says.
Oh and Rich, I'd love to be there, but both the MLR meets fell on night duties for me, and have no leave left this year. I'm actually getting withdrawel symptems - not been on a track since RT2 :embarasse /grr

HJM
25-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Lap of Oulton Park - check the 8th clip down from the 'Videos from Trackdays' set to Louis Armstrong music /Steeringw (The idea of the music sounds tacky - but you know just how the guy driving feels :thumbsup: )

Clicky Here (http://www.stevecarter.com/news/default.aspx)

Physician
25-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Lap of Oulton Park - check the 8th clip down from the 'Videos from Trackdays' set to Louis Armstrong music /Steeringw (The idea of the music sounds tacky - but you know just how the guy driving feels :thumbsup: )

Clicky Here (http://www.stevecarter.com/news/default.aspx)

Good bit of video Heath/Jane thanks.

I used to go to Oulton regularly in the 70's and was quite surprised to see that it really hasn't changed much apart from a couple of new chicanes. Even the foliage/trees etc don't seem to have changed or grown much. :thumbsup:

HJM
25-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Good bit of video Heath/Jane thanks.

I used to go to Oulton regularly in the 70's and was quite surprised to see that it really hasn't changed much apart from a couple of new chicanes. Even the foliage/trees etc don't seem to have changed or grown much. :thumbsup:

Oooh Rich - if you've been there before, you wouldn't happen to know the best places to take photos, would you :embarasse

J

Physician
25-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Oooh Rich - if you've been there before, you wouldn't happen to know the best places to take photos, would you :embarasse

J

Yes! /yes

HJM
25-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Yes! /yes

Great stuff :thumbsup:

errr, you will tell me where, won't you :inquisiti

Physician
26-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Great stuff :thumbsup:

errr, you will tell me where, won't you :inquisiti

If you insist!

I'm sure there are many good places but I'd personally go to the following two places marked on the map. They are also fairly close to the main facilities.

Cars travel in the direction of the YELLOW arrows.

You should position yourself roughly where the BLUE dots are and take photos in the direction of the RED arrows.

Position 'A' should be good as cars come up a hill (out of sight) and have to bear left at the top at the point where you will first see them. So you should get good shots of the cars with their suspension heavily biased to one side.

Position 'B' is a famous bend where there are historically many incidents as cars brake hard from the straight to turn right and go down a dip and then up a hill to the pits straight. Shots of cars both coming, on the bend and exiting should be achievable.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/oulton.jpg

HJM
26-10-2005, 07:20 AM
If you insist!

Oh wow - cheers Rich - didn't actually mean for you to go all that trouble, but that is great :thumbsup:

thanks again,

Jane

Simon
26-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Wow, look how many right hand bends there are! /Hmmm

Jimbo
27-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow, look how many right hand bends there are! /Hmmm

/help :rolleyes4 /wall /duh :uhoh: :uhoh: :end:

darin
27-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Heath, Jimbo, Simon,

Just thought I'd pop over here to see what's going on!

Glad you enjoyed Snett, but Oulton is going to be fantastic . . . it's been a few years since we've been there and we're really looking forward to it. Also got more Evos coming this time - but still got some places available if you know of any more VR4s keen to come and play!?

See you there - and in the Travel Inn the night before!

Cheers,

Darin

HJM
27-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Heath, Jimbo, Simon,

Just thought I'd pop over here to see what's going on!

Glad you enjoyed Snett, but Oulton is going to be fantastic . . . it's been a few years since we've been there and we're really looking forward to it. Also got more Evos coming this time - but still got some places available if you know of any more VR4s keen to come and play!?

See you there - and in the Travel Inn the night before!

Cheers,

Darin

Hi Darin

There are a couple of others talking about joining us - but they still have to actually BOOK /yes /yes /yes

Although a certain Starlet Turbo who HAS already booked is one of us too :rolleyes4

Can't wait /Steeringw

See you on the Friday night :thumbsup:

Physician
27-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Darin,

I've booked my hotel but NOT MLR as yet. You may recollect I have had p/s pump problems but now have a new one to be fitted next week. As soon as that is done I'm taking the car to Bruntingthorpe (local to me) for a few high speed laps to see if the problem has been corrected.

I'm sure you'll understand that I don't want to travel all the way to Oulton plus costs only to have the belt shred on the second lap. :embarasse

How late can I leave it before booking? OR, what possibility to book and pay and then be reimbursed if the belt is still shredding (at Brunters)?

Thanks pal.

Richard

SGHOM
30-10-2005, 12:05 AM
originaly posted by Darin;
"Noise limits are 104 and 105db, so this shouldn’t be an issue either."

err. :embarasse :embarasse at combe, I came in right on the limit of 100db. since then I've removed my center pipe [ inc silencers ] & put a 3" straight through !! /yes
I think the chances of me being under 105db are slim............................... anyone got any mufflers spare ?? /help

Physician
30-10-2005, 12:14 AM
originaly posted by Darin;
"Noise limits are 104 and 105db, so this shouldn’t be an issue either."

err. :embarasse :embarasse at combe, I came in right on the limit of 100db. since then I've removed my center pipe [ inc silencers ] & put a 3" straight through !! /yes
I think the chances of me being under 105db are slim............................... anyone got any mufflers spare ?? /help

(Darin emailed me in respect of my above question)

On this point about noise Derek ......... what is mine???? Same as yours??? Hadn't thought about this :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

SGHOM
30-10-2005, 12:18 AM
yours will be well inside the limit Richard. /yes 95/98 I'd guess.
but mine ?? :rolleyes4 I remember Graham at combe last year, recording 107db, & being refused !! & he had silencers ! :embarasse :embarasse

Physician
30-10-2005, 12:39 AM
yours will be well inside the limit Richard. /yes 95/98 I'd guess.
but mine ?? :rolleyes4 I remember Graham at combe last year, recording 107db, & being refused !! & he had silencers ! :embarasse :embarasse

Ummm! OK, thanks pal ...... could only just hear you! (And my wife disagrees!)

SGHOM
30-10-2005, 12:44 AM
(And my wife disagrees!)

Tell your dear wife she's wrong ! [ I dare you !! :embarasse ]
Dave had a side exit exhaust [hollow tube ] at the pod. /yes but I still think mine was louder ! :rolleyes4 /help

Roadrunner
16-11-2005, 12:21 PM
OK, I'm coming down for a look :) Not taking the car on track but will happily
fill a passenger seat if anyone offers to take me round ;)

Booked into the Premier Travel Inn at Northwich for the Friday and Saturday nights. See y'all there :D

Brian

HJM
16-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Booked into the Premier Travel Inn at Northwich for the Friday and Saturday nights. See y'all there :D

Brian

Hey, nice one Brian - see you there :thumbsup:

Physician
16-11-2005, 05:47 PM

Brian

Not that I'll probably be on track either ....... but don't forget your helmet in case you get a ride Brian.

Rich

HJM
16-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Brian will get plenty of pax laps if he wants them /JawDroppi as I have an empty passenger seat /Steeringw - Jane will be off photographing track action all day (best excuse she's come up with to date not to get in the suicide seat /Hmmm )

Looking forward to this one (10 days and counting :drummer: ) as some of the Usual Suspects are suffering 'cold turkey' from lack of track action - addiction must be fed /wall

Lets hope the weather is on a par with Snetterton /Brolly :2thumbsup

K9NG
16-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Need my fix /Steeringw /Hissy

HJM
16-11-2005, 07:24 PM

Be calm, the time will soon pass /yes

What time you all getting there on Friday?

(We have the day off work) :happy:

J

K9NG
16-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Be calm, the time will soon pass /yes

What time you all getting there on Friday?

(We have the day off work) :happy:

J

Friday off work lucky buggers, we are heading up late friday afternoon but are staying at Crewe friday night and shall be at the track saturday morning /Steeringw :thumbsup:

SGHOM
16-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Me too mate ! /yes
but 1st I need to get it running................. properly ! /help :embarasse :embarasse

K9NG
16-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Me too mate ! /yes
but 1st I need to get it running................. properly ! /help :embarasse :embarasse

What's wrong with it, nothing serious?

SGHOM
16-11-2005, 09:44 PM
What's wrong with it, nothing serious?

hopefully not. I've order some spares from Mo. & It should cure my boost leak. :embarasse just a bit concerned about my misfire at WOT ?

richy rich
16-11-2005, 09:49 PM
boost leek? i didn't no you had a boost leek that might be part of your problem with your dump valve.

SGHOM
16-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Gaffer tape is good............... but not enough to stop air leaking in to the intake !! :inquisiti
new intake on order from Mo, but I still think I may have issues with it. /Hmmm

richy rich
16-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Gaffer tape is good but thinking about it will not hold the pressure to give it the push you will need.

amsoil
16-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Just wondered if a very non- VR4 would be welcome 'cause I have this little old girl that needs a shaking down and ..........

Regards Don

HJM
16-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Just wondered if a very non- VR4 would be welcome 'cause I have this little old girl that needs a shaking down and ..........

Regards Don

I'm pretty sure it's full :inquisiti

Roadrunner
17-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Brian will get plenty of pax laps if he wants them /JawDroppi as I have an empty passenger seat
Cheers, Heath, I will take you up on that kind offer :) Thanks! :)

HJM
17-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Cheers, Heath, I will take you up on that kind offer :) Thanks! :)

No problem - will be a pleasure.

Is John coming down for the trip ?

Roadrunner
17-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Is John coming down for the trip ?
No, he can't make it. He's going to a local cruise in memory of a young chap who died following a crash recently. Very sad, just 19 years old :(

Look forward to seeing you there, and thanks for the offer of pax laps, delighted to accept :D

Physician
17-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Look forward to seeing you there, and thanks for the offer of pax laps, delighted to accept :D

And after you have been out in one of those s t r e t c h e d VR4's you are more than welcome to come out in a proper VR4 saloon.

There are a couple of advantages:

1] I don't stop 'en route' to collect cones so it may be a swifter lap

2] I have a special p/s pump pulley in aluminium which hugely increases the bhp by errrrr, delivers a significant amount of extra torque at errrrrr .......... I know, it saves weight :embarasse

So ........ see y'all at the Hotel or circuit. /yes

Simon
17-11-2005, 07:59 PM
just found Oulton on Race Driver 2, X Box........... :inquisiti /help

HJM
17-11-2005, 08:19 PM
can't see last post - thought this might sort it ??

Physician
17-11-2005, 09:40 PM
TEST ONLY ....... I cannot access page 6 of this thread ....... if I dont post after this message could someone kindly tell me (via PM) if they can see THIS particular message :embarasse

Physician
17-11-2005, 09:41 PM
TEST ONLY ....... I cannot access page 6 of this thread ....... if I dont post after this message could someone kindly tell me (via PM) if they can see THIS particular message :embarasse

Aha! OK that works now ......... :happy:

Jane
17-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Aha! OK that works now ......... :happy:

Well done Rich - I tried that but it still didn't free it up /Hmmm

Physician
17-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Well done Rich - I tried that but it still didn't free it up /Hmmm

Very odd eh? It happened after Simon had posted (which I couldn't see) so ...........obviously his fault (as I know WE couldn't possibly screw up, could we!)

WildCards
17-11-2005, 10:00 PM
just found Oulton on Race Driver 2, X Box........... :inquisiti /help

Great game :thumbsup:

Jane
17-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Very odd eh? It happened after Simon had posted (which I couldn't see) so ...........obviously his fault (as I know WE couldn't possibly screw up, could we!)

LOL - I even logged on as myself just to check it wasn't something to with him /pan

zedy1
17-11-2005, 11:18 PM
i may pop down to check you guys out

richy rich
18-11-2005, 04:20 PM
i may pop down to check you guys out
i didnt now you were like that mo :joker:

Physician
18-11-2005, 06:06 PM
i didnt now you were like that mo :joker:

Mo and I once met up at a Service Station on the M1 in the middle of the night so that I could get hold of some of his parts :inquisiti

What a nice guy he is :love: :joker:

richy rich
18-11-2005, 06:15 PM
/haz

SGHOM
22-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Becky is ready for the track !! /yes :thumbsup: /Steeringw /Steeringw

WildCards
22-11-2005, 09:59 PM

And a teddy bears picnic by the looks of the jacket.

sorry /pan :evil2:

HJM
22-11-2005, 10:53 PM

Is that one of your old 70's jackets Derek - shame on you, it's hardly worn :joker:

Still should come in hand for putting the MLR guys off :thumbsup:

SGHOM
23-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Apparently It's fashionable ?? /Hmmm & all the rage ?? /Hmmm & cost more than I earn in a week ?? :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

SGHOM
24-11-2005, 12:37 AM
has everyone received their PDF booking form from Darin ?? /Hmmm
might be an idea to fill it in now, to save time on saturday ? /yes

K9NG
24-11-2005, 08:52 AM
All done :thumbsup: just got to find my snow chains /help /Steeringw

SGHOM
24-11-2005, 09:03 AM
All done :thumbsup: just got to find my snow chains /help /Steeringw

not looking good is it ?? :embarasse fingers crossed. /yes

pezza
24-11-2005, 10:52 AM
..time to pull out the AYC fuse? /Hmmm

Roadrunner
24-11-2005, 11:53 AM
just got to find my snow chains /help /Steeringw
Whatever you do, don't use snow chains on a VR-4 :thumbsdow

Kieran
24-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Whatever you do, don't use snow chains on a VR-4 :thumbsdow

Why not Brian? I was going to get some.... :inquisiti :inquisiti

Roadrunner
24-11-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I read it in the VR-4 handbook, but I don't have it to hand so can't confirm. I don't think it went into detail why it shouldn't be done. I'd guess there'd be a clearance problem with traditional chains - there's very little space between the tyre and suspension and none at all between the rear tyre and the inside of the wing under load. It may be possible to fit the newer style of spikes-spiders - see here (http://www.spikes-spider.ch/html/eprodukte.html) as an example.

richy rich
24-11-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd guess there'd be a clearance problem with traditional chains - there's very little space between the tyre and suspension and none at all between the rear tyre and the inside of the wing under load.
i second that :thumbsup:

Physician
24-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Urgently needed .............. a porta-loo.

Sheeesh, for the past 48 hours I've been so damn sick (from both ends) that I'm all washed out and feeling very weak. Fingers (and legs) crossed that I'm a bit better tomorrow or I just won't make it.

Don't know what it was but the only suspect is an Asda Chinese chicken microwave meal or possibly a flu jab I had 6 hours before the onset (but unlikely).

So, if anyone passes me squatting n' squitting beside the M6 ......... don't stop to assist as the car will be fine and I can wipe my own a$$ :embarasse

SGHOM
24-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Urgently needed .............. a porta-loo.

Sheeesh, for the past 48 hours I've been so damn sick (from both ends) that I'm all washed out and feeling very weak. Fingers (and legs) crossed that I'm a bit better tomorrow or I just won't make it.

Don't know what it was but the only suspect is an Asda Chinese chicken microwave meal or possibly a flu jab I had 6 hours before the onset (but unlikely).

So, if anyone passes me squatting n' squitting beside the M6 ......... don't stop to assist as the car will be fine and I can wipe my own a$$ :embarasse

Thats not good Richard. :embarasse :embarasse
hope you're better for saturday. /yes

richy rich
24-11-2005, 07:57 PM
to much information Richard

Roadrunner
24-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Sheeesh, for the past 48 hours I've been so damn sick
Physician, heal thyself ... :D

Wouter
25-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I hope you feel better Richard!! :thumbsup:

Physician
25-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Physician, heal thyself ... :D

I tried :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

Afraid this isn't meant to be, unfortunately.

Have a great time guys ........ and make a few kills for me!

Roadrunner
25-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Afraid this isn't meant to be, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear you're still unwell Richard. Not good at the best of times, but worse when there's something you really want to do. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Drs Whyte and Mackay :5shots: cure a lot of my ills ;)