PDA

View Full Version : Cop with laser gun monitoring traffic jam

Dream Weaver
02-09-2005, 09:51 AM
I thought I was dreaming when I saw this but:

I was stuck in traffic in Farnborough yesterday coming up to a roundabout. It was moving one car length at a time as the roundabout was very busy.

At a traffic island just by the roundabout was a motorbike cop using a laser speed gun..... On what ? No bugger was doing 5mph let alone 50mph.

I was laughing at him so much he had to turn away as he was so embarassed.

If I paid council tax in that area I would want to know why my money is being wasted like that.

Has this country gone totally loopy ?

BTW Isn't wasting police time an offence ?

I just realised I posted this in maybe the wrong place, sorry.

BraindG
02-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Stuck it in general..

You have to wonder sometimes don't you... whats that word.. oh aye.. common sense.. seems that copper was lacking it..

perhaps he was checking to see who was going to slowest?

strapping young lad
02-09-2005, 10:03 AM
would it be quite amusing that someone tore through there at above the speed limit and the copper was stuck cos of the traffic!

bradc
02-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I've seen similar things over here, I can't help but wonder why the hell the cop doesn't cruise off down the road and see if there is a reason for the traffic jam.

Paul Beazer
02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
The question arises, what happens when a POLICEMAN is wasting time? Can he arrest himself. Perhaps someone could have performed a citizens arrest for wasting police time? :joker:

wirdy
03-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Are you sure it was a laser gun & not one of those number plate recognition cameras that check the DVLA database for road tax / insurance evaders?

Dream Weaver
03-09-2005, 06:07 PM
He had parked his bike with the traffic flow, flipped up his rear box and the lid had a radar camera sign on it.

So I would imagine he was using radar.

Otherwise I could have had him for misrepresentation as well, or maybe false advertising !

/grr