PDA

View Full Version : no more uk vr4

zedy1
29-08-2003, 10:04 PM
went to dealers today they mentioned the galant vr4 is no more available officially and its been stopped being produced is that true guys

Kieran
29-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Indeed, I believe that's the case.
In fact, as I remember INSERT INTO post VALUES (and correct me please if I'm wrong); Mitsubishi UK stopped importing official Ralliart versions some time ago, though there were a number of cars in holding over here that they continued to register and sell. I gather that the VR4 couldn't meet some EU emission regulations that came into force in 2001/2002INSERT INTO post VALUES (?).

Don't know about production, as the 8g is still being sold in places like Taiwan, but my dealer confirmed that no more 8Gs are being imported into the UK now - if you look at the Mistubishi UK website, the Galant link is now gone :INSERT INTO post VALUES (:INSERT INTO post VALUES (:Cry1:

zedy1
30-08-2003, 12:12 AM
i think thats right cause on logbook something to do with emissions is mentioned

Brind
30-08-2003, 02:22 AM
It makes you laugh how they can moan about a car that has all the latest gismos to lower emissions such as the CAT and yet buses chuck out masses of black smoke that you can't see jack **** until it's half a mile up the road.

Anyway back to the topic..

The 8G is no longer available here and since the VR-4 is also an 8G Galant I guess that's effected too.
So yeah the VR-4 is no more. <-- hey that rymed! but very sad.

That makes our beast even more rare! :cool: but you can bet it will bring on high/er prices too. :rolleyes:

MTB
30-08-2003, 06:16 AM
production of 8g vr-4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (galant/legnum) was ceased in japan since early 2002 due to the tightened emission control. in fact INSERT INTO post VALUES (i notice) the complete legnum series was also lifted from the official mitsubishi homepage recently. the only 8g in production right now is the 2,000cc gdi galant... :Cry1:

zedy1
30-08-2003, 06:35 AM
seems like i its been ages since my last dealer visit :D :D :D

and see ya guys on sunday night wont be home tonight

Kieran
30-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Brind
It makes you laugh how they can moan about a car that has all the latest gismos to lower emissions such as the CAT and yet buses chuck out masses of black smoke that you can't see jack **** until it's half a mile up the road.

:grr: :mad2: Don't get me started....

Brind
30-08-2003, 05:16 PM
I take it we have the same level of thinking? :)

Kieran
30-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I'd say so:)

Buses, Trams INSERT INTO post VALUES (half of Nottingham's bloody bunged up with tram works, grrr); Price of Petrol, Sodding Police 'Talivans':gun2:

Oh yes, I can rant about the UK's oppressed motorists all day!:D