PDA

View Full Version : Accident on the M61 - everyone's OK

Brunty
02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
My brothers car has just been shunted from behind on the M61 (nr Preston).

Travelling in the outside lane he was hit from behind sending his Vectra spinning into the central reservation, his car came to a halt in the middle lane, undrivable, although he was lucky enough to be able to leggit over to the hard shoulder.

From my brothers description it seems the Civic that hit him also hit a Golf in the middle lane before spinning 'across' the opposite lane of the motorway and crashing over the hard-shoulder and into a ditch some 100m further on.

Winesses have said that the Civic driver was driving like a complete prick and hit my brother at approx 100mph. The police attending have taken statements, all involved have been given the once over by the ambulance crew and everyone seems to be OK bar small cuts and bruises.

Rather predictably the Civic driver was uninsured.

TAKE CARE OUT THERE PEOPLE - AND STAY ALERT

d3x
02-09-2005, 04:34 PM
OMG thank god all involved are ok.

Hope they shaft the civic driver for being a to55er.

BraindG
02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
i must have just missed that then, i came off the m55 heading home at about 20 past :rolleyes4 - im so glad your brother is ok! good to hear!

HJM
02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Jeez - that sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse - glad everyone is ok /yes

Brunty
02-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Jeez - that sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse - glad everyone is ok /yes

3 Month old baby, wife on Maternity, Maximum mortgage following a major refurbishment of his house - and he owes me £100 :smug: - doesn't bear thinking about.

Lady luck was on his side today.

Nick VR4
02-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Cars can be repaired glad everyone is ok

wirdy
02-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Rather predictably the Civic driver was uninsured.

And rather predictably, he'll get off with community service or given a fine that'll never get paid, whilst the rest of us pay through the nose to stay legal. /yes /grr

bernmc
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
And rather predictably, he'll get off with community service or given a fine that'll never get paid, whilst the rest of us pay through the nose to stay legal. /yes /grr
Ex-fckuckin-actly. Crime pays in this country :(

Glad all are ok Bruntingthorpe.

Note that I have not called you a nob in this thread ;)

Brunty
02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Note that I have not called you a nob in this thread ;)

Yet! What are you after a +ve recommendation?

:beerchug:

Paul Beazer
02-09-2005, 08:25 PM
I can call you a nob if you like?!

Seriously, glad everyone is safe and unhurt. It doesnt bear thinking about what can happen at those speeds. Theres a lot to be said for driving a big car!

bernmc
02-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Seriously, glad everyone is safe and unhurt. It doesnt bear thinking about what can happen at those speeds. Theres a lot to be said for driving a big car!
I believe I have first dibs on nobs in this thread :|:o

Brunty
02-09-2005, 08:55 PM

:Mr-T: - I Pity the fool!

You don't want to call me a nob, MC Bernard is struggling to come to terms with the dire consequences almost a month after the event. Be warned.

:veryangry

bernmc
02-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm a sniveling wreck I tell ya!

Paul Beazer
03-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I aint no fool, fool! (Read in Mr T accent for full effect!)