PDA

View Full Version : trax day

ANTHONY
04-09-2005, 08:21 PM
a good day had by all nice weather and a good chat, nice to meet a few new faces.:thumbsup: and we got home ok :happy: after being stuck in traffic on the M1 south bound owing to a two car smash in the outside lane.

zedy1
04-09-2005, 08:33 PM
same here had a great day :zzz:

SGHOM
04-09-2005, 08:34 PM
I didn't ! :embarasse

psbarham
04-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I didn't ! :embarasse
why not mate ?

SGHOM
04-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I've stopped spending on the car ! /yes need to save up now.

Then, Graham turns up with a shiney, new intercooler ! :rolleyes4

" I dont want one.... I dont need one " /grr "but, out of interest .. how much ??

"£xxx"

"I'll take one !!!! " /yes :embarasse /pan :thumbsup:

AncientOfMu
04-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Great to meet you guys :D.

Only problem now is I want a VR-4 even more /Hmmm

Oh and second problem the other half wants to do some 1/4 mile runs at Santa Pod next month, I've convinced her it ain't such a great idea with her being 4 mths pregnant an all :rolleyes4

See some of you next month hopefully :thumbsup:

Wodjno
04-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Excellent day.. Enjoyed it immensely.. :thumbsup: New faces, some i put names to and some i didn't . Didn't get round to introducing myself to everyone, sorry for that.. Stood talking to Red and Hubby and didn't introduce myself and then afterwards thought S**t they prolly thought, who the fcuk was that.. :embarasse

Zedy once again stole the show with his New VR4, and i think registered the quickest 0-60 of the day (VR4's) that is .. Quickest of the day i think was 2.99 sec by an Evo... Who then left his gearbox on the start line.. /yes
It was nice to see Lot's of Puppys everywhere.. :smitten: /HyperSome where even let out of there confinements as i was eagerly informed of Caisan VR4 and his Pal ..
Thanx again all ... :happy:

Now it's :chugchug: and then :zzz:

NevGroom
04-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm cream-crackered. Great day out - Good to meet loads of you. 1/2 tank of Optimax on 30 mile (ish) of track sessions (and I was taking it a lot easier than the rest of you!!). Great brownies Vicki - Certainly worthy of all the hype.........

ANTHONY
04-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I didn't ! :embarassewhat do you mean....you drank my beer..... hehehe.. see you next month mate

HJM
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
I've stopped spending on the car ! /yes need to save up now.

Then, Graham turns up with a shiney, new intercooler ! :rolleyes4

" I dont want one.... I dont need one " /grr "but, out of interest .. how much ??

"£xxx"

"I'll take one !!!! " /yes :embarasse /pan :thumbsup:

And then spent the rest of the day trying to convince Heath he needed one /pan /pan

Another great day - good to see loads of new faces (plus a lot of the old ones) :thumbsup:

The highlight appears to have been 'Skoda bashing' in the last session /Steeringw

Will post pics tomorrow - only just got in and absolutely cream crackered :zzz:

The Vee
04-09-2005, 09:51 PM
As usual a great day out with the Club. As has been mentioned, good to meet some new faces and of course the regular suspects. Didn't go on track myself this time, but those that did provided excellent viewing and HJM's climbing further through the ranks of the Skoda's everytime he came round was good fun. Thanks to all and the Choc brownie maker - see ya next month :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lboots
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM
As always had great time, great weather and a welcomed chat to like minded mitsubishi nuts, realy looking foward to the pod next month /Steeringw dodgem show down /help

Wodjno
04-09-2005, 11:05 PM
1 piccy from Today .. :smug: :thumbsup: for JTuner ..

pezza
04-09-2005, 11:55 PM
had a superb day too.. and I even got there before midday for once...

Crackin weather and sights :rolleyes4 , crackin chat.... lookin forward to the finale in just over 1 month!!! By the looks of it, this will be the mother of all meets as there will be a few of us there?!?? hope we can get a good spot!

Good to see some new faces and cars today tho...the late V6 24 estate with lush black leather interior and the white 6G with the top sounds :thumbsup: as usual I didnt get a chance to say ello to everyone... :embarasse

Cheers Ian of Diddington for the advice to use M40.. it was slowish in places but so glad I dint go near the M1 :embarasse The A43 is certainly a fun road to floor the pedal on!!!

And yup's Zedy's 6G is just plain mind blowin....ohhh that second gear pull is phenomenal!!! And to think a car like this was produced in 1989?? :evil2: :rolleyes4

Cheers Guys and Gals...

See you next month! :thumbsup:

Big Ian
05-09-2005, 12:45 AM
good to see you all had a blast today :thumbsup: ...like you the weather was roasting up here to /yes

ZEDY, is this the car i had a test /Steeringw drive in, over the phone! (sounded awesome)
can't wait now for the Japshow next month "see yawl there" :thumbsup:

Kieran
05-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow! I await piccies and videos!! Come on!!! Put some up!! I wanna see! I wanna see!! /Hyper /Hyper

am2801
05-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Wow! I await piccies and videos!! Come on!!! Put some up!! I wanna see! I wanna see!! /Hyper /Hyper

I 4got 2 take my camera /pan
I had a good day, nice 2 meet some of you, didn't get to walk round 'cos was feeling a bit off colour yesterday.

gotta admit ur cars are v. quick, but at least i'd got ur back!!! on the way from j15a :rolleyes4

oh yeah, has rich told u about his mrs in the 0-60 she beat him :thumbsup:

2 top the day off i've burnt my forehead in the sun, it really hurts this morning :embarasse

BraindG
05-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Ive got some piccies here..
After that Ill explain, why during the second session, i pulled in early (after 4 laps) and took half my engine bay out :rolleyes4

First of all mr Akers..

Here he is doing a 0-60 sprint... however.. why, in the second picture is there someone pushing his car?! :inquisiti

BraindG
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Uh-oh - The Silverstone Incident vehicle... what oh, what's happened?

BraindG
05-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Why, oh why is dave under his car? Nevermind that, why on earth is Nick Screwing the front of Daves Car?!

Kieran
05-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Why, oh why is dave under his car? Nevermind that, why on earth is Nick Screwing the front of Daves Car?!

Boost hose went "POP!!!!" :inquisiti

BraindG
05-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Ive not got many pics on my phone, the others are on my proper camera, so ill get them posted when i get home from work.. but here are some random images.

In the pirts Pic you can see the poor poor Skoda's that we're being eaten up by our VR4's on the last track session :evil2:

BraindG
05-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately my AYC problem came back after both sessions, and stayed on for the journey home :( - on session two it switched off pretty much immediately. however, on session one it was doing all sorts of weird ass things. Which going round the corners it was actually pushing me into the corner, scary stuff, i had to back off for about 3/4 a lap till it switched itself off, at which point foot engaged floor again :D

After inspecting my tyres from the first session, I said I would take it easy on the second session to ensure the car, and tyres would be ok. Suffice to say, this plan evaporated the second the pace car pulled in :)

I felt very comfortable through Moggots, Becketts and Down Hangar straight, and down to Stowe. I think I managed to suss out a decent line, and was making good use of the road to ensure minimal tyre wear. I never really enjoyed Priory and onto the pit straight, oh well actually the corner coming onto pit straight, with the bollards to the right was pretty cool actually. Im pretty sure i nearly clipped them on lap 2, or 3 of the second session :D

As the laps and the Skodas went by, I was starting to pull back some distance on Nick and Heath as they were weaving their way through the fodder that were the RS Skodas. Then on Lap 4 coming out of Club, and towards Abbey I glanced down at my Dash. Looked up, and realised what I just saw, I looked down again and right enough the temp gauge was just about to touch the red. Ah, crap.. The plan was to go slowish, let it cool, and "cruise" round for the remainder of our session. However, when i backed off the power and cruised under bridge my dump valve dumped twice, really quickly, and i wasn't anywhere near applying pressure to the accelerator, Strange! I decided enough was enough, and im coming in! A worried wouter came running out of the stand a Priory, he jumped in and we headed off towards CVR4-HQ.

Upon investigation we found "some" oil all over my mushroom, down pipes, and along some of the engine. uh-oh... Betty's going to kill me I thought. So we stripped out the MAF, and started looking down Intercooler pipes. there was oil, yes.. but nothing really serious, I did however notice that my Boost Filter wasn't its usual white colour, it had turned this nasty black colour from the oil.

There was no excess smoke out of exhaust, no further signs of oil after my trip home, so... yeah, weird. Im glad that we got home ok, the car behaved well, with no signs of the abuse it had received only a few hours earlier.

Another fantastic CVR4 outing! Was nice seeing everyone again and see you all at the showdown!

ANTHONY
05-09-2005, 10:03 AM
some photos

Brunty
05-09-2005, 10:21 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6621&stc=1&thumb=1

Well

I'm 6ft 1in... Dark Long Brown Hair that flows in the wind when i'm cruising.. 24 years old and with dashing good looks..

Crickey Glen you're gorgeous - how tall was that ugly bloke next to you?

HJM
05-09-2005, 10:40 AM
There was no excess smoke out of exhaust, no further signs of oil after my trip home, so... yeah, weird. Im glad that we got home ok, the car behaved well, with no signs of the abuse it had received only a few hours earlier.

Another fantastic CVR4 outing! Was nice seeing everyone again and see you all at the showdown!

Glad you got home OK Barry :thumbsup:

richy rich
05-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Had a crackin day and much thanx to you all. Want to say big thankyou 2 Andy (VEE) for the much apprieciated use of his boot space, made life a whole lot easier. Weather was great which helped and the cars were looking even hotter than the weather :evil2: Never seen sooooooo many vr4s in one place b4, as it was my first time out with you all....(I'm the wifey) Thanx 2 A M for her comments but she did neglect to say i had it in reverse to start so did have a 1/2 metre head start oooooppppppssssss. :rolleyes4. /help MY excuse I WAS SHAKIN WITH FEAR so much i wasn't thinkin right. Still now got hang of it will have a go at 1/4 mile @ Santa Pod if we go.
I expect Richy will but his comments on later so will leave the rest 2 him. Nice to meet ya all again and hopefully will see ya all soon :chugchug:

Spirit
05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Another great day, good to meet a few new faces (and for anyone I didn't speak to.....sorry!), and what about the weather.......bloody brilliant (especially as in Plymouth it apparantly rained/thundered all day) :thumbsup:

Here's a few for the CVR4 resident pervs.......aka HJM & The Vee /yes

Spirit
05-09-2005, 11:48 AM
The rest of our pics are HERE ! (http://gallery73656.fotopic.net/c679131.html)

am2801
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
'ere ABE if i'd known u were taking pics i would of moved my lot out the way!!
and lined my car up properly!!

with scoobys to the left and skodas to the right weren't we a rose 'tween 2 thorns!!!!!!!!

richy rich
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Had a crackin day yester day and would just like to say a big TY to Andy (Vee) for the use of his boot space ...... made life a whole lot easier. Weather was definatly a big plus it was sooooooooooo warm but the cars were lookin even hotter :evil2: especially those on the cvr4 stand. I have never seen soooooo many vr4s in one place b4 as this was my first time out with you guys ( Oh sorry I'm the wifey) Also want to say thanx to A M for her comments on the 0-60, she did neglect to say that i had it in reverse so had a 1-2 metre run at it ooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppssssss sssssss. My excuse is that i was ssssssoooooo Scared that i wasnt thinkin right and couldnt keeps my hands still :rolleyes4 /help . Still think i have the hang of it now so will have a go at the 1/4 mile sprint @ Santa Pod if we go. Anyway had better leave some stuff 4 Richy to talk about later. Nice to meet all those who went and will see you all again i am sure.

richy rich
05-09-2005, 12:00 PM
How thick am I posted same thing twice cos thought didnt work 1st time....BLOND MOMENT SORRY

BraindG
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM
How thick am I posted same thing twice cos thought didnt work 1st time....BLOND MOMENT SORRY
Lol, i was wondering what was going on! thought it was me at first :P

Wouter
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
A great day!!

This was one of the best shows yet!

Even I ventured on track with the CVR4 support vehical! :evil2: /help

Zedy1's G6 is amazing!! going to visit him this afternoon and I'm gonna get him to take me for a spin :evil2:

Roll on Japshow Finale! Let the battle of the VR4's commence!

richy rich
05-09-2005, 01:03 PM
No It was definatly me being thick........... lol

michaeli
05-09-2005, 01:12 PM
t'was a gr8 day!!!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you all, I was busy buying bits... Thanks to Mo for bringing those coils!!! :thumbsup: however, they've not solved my problem.. /help

oh and sorry for calling Barry (who'd I'd met before) Ian?? /pan :embarasse

Anyway... looking forward to Santa's pod and meeting you all... Think I'll be taking my car down the old 1/4 mile too!!! :thumbsup:

Mike

BraindG
05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
oh and sorry for calling Barry (who'd I'd met before) Ian??

:P - s'ok Andy, i usually get called much worse than Ian.

Big Ian
05-09-2005, 01:59 PM
:inquisiti anyone happen to see a black L reg corsa with enough power to eat and spit EVO's?

my mate Barry, took his wee 2ltr (2.2) turbo'd beasty on track and on the strip

BraindG
05-09-2005, 02:04 PM
:inquisiti anyone happen to see a black L reg corsa with enough power to eat and spit EVO's?

my mate Barry, took his wee 2ltr (2.2) turbo'd beasty on track and on the strip

Nope I didn't see that wee monster :)

V6nut
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Yesterday was a great show, good to be part of the crew, didn't get too speak to many people, y'all seemed a bit busy making sure your engines weren't gonna go bang! Burnt my arms and my lady has a rudolph but she actually enjoyed it, will definitley be gunning for a track session next chance! Willpost my pics when I can.

BraindG
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Was good to see you again, and the car! :P - yup, get yourself booked in to castlecombe next year! first track of the year.

diddingtonwizard
05-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Top day. Nice to see some new faces and of course the regulars (didn't want to put old !!)
My daughter had a great day too, keeps nagging Ian to let her do a 0 - 60. She will be away for The Pod, but watch this space she is in Formula Woman this year.

Jan

Piccies to follow soon

richy rich
05-09-2005, 05:51 PM
hi all had great day, i see now why you all thought jae was a nice calm weekend, as yesterday was packed with top fun, but very tiring (early morning, drive down, convoy in to s/st :evil2: /Steeringw track breafing, track time :evil2: /Steeringw look round show, dinner ,0-60, drive home).
good to see you all again and new members (listen to me only been to one meet before but feel like i know some of you well though with all the convos on here).

Now 0-60 shame i completly cocked it up i was only holding the car at 1000revs when i was told i could go and i just whent /pan :embarasse the outcome was 7.8sec.
Then lorr went out and did 7.07 /grr better next time i think/hope.