PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a tow bar to the v6-24

strapping young lad
05-09-2005, 02:28 PM
ive a small trailer which i will need to use during the winter months in the kennels but since selling the landie, have no means to tow it

can you guys either suggest or tell me to avoid fitting a tow bar onto the galant and whilst on the subject whats it like to tow?

who does this kind of job fitting) and is it expensive

cheers

dyfed

psbarham
05-09-2005, 02:45 PM
i've got one on mine , and so has andy , they are a beutiful car to tow with (29mpg :smug: i love rubbing it in ) the tow bars are a peice of wee to fit , just remove the rear bumper and slot the tow bar bracket into the chassis rails do up the bolts and hey presto :thumbsup: , as for buying one do a search on google etc :thumbsup:

psbarham
05-09-2005, 02:49 PM
got mine from HERE (http://www.towbarsni.co.uk/towbars/witter_towbar_price_list.aspx?ManID=22&ManTxt=Mitsubishi&LCV=False)

strapping young lad
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
ah that aint bad like

remove the rear bumper? :inquisiti

psbarham
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
well it would look a bit silly gaffa taped to the bumper , so in order to keep the car looking its best it fits behind the bumper , only about 10 m6 bolts hold it on

strapping young lad
05-09-2005, 10:50 PM
i see from how i read it it read like i was to remove it permanently! :)

The Vee
07-09-2005, 07:30 PM
i've got one on mine , and so has andy , they are a beutiful car to tow with (29mpg :smug: i love rubbing it in ) the tow bars are a peice of wee to fit , just remove the rear bumper and slot the tow bar bracket into the chassis rails do up the bolts and hey presto :thumbsup: , as for buying one do a search on google etc :thumbsup:

Yep :thumbsup:
See you got witter PSB, mine too they're the supplier for mitsi uk I believe.
If you need electrics (for lights etc) you can get a kit (wires plugs relays etc) probably from the same plce as the tow bar and these normally come with instuctions diagrams and should be quite easy to follow

psbarham
07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Yep :thumbsup:
See you got witter PSB, mine too they're the supplier for mitsi uk I believe.
If you need electrics (for lights etc) you can get a kit (wires plugs relays etc) probably from the same plce as the tow bar and these normally come with instuctions diagrams and should be quite easy to follow
mine came with the electrics and one of those buzzer things for the indicators , make sure you stick it behind the trim panel , fecking noisy bugger

The Vee
07-09-2005, 07:40 PM
mine came with the electrics and one of those buzzer things for the indicators , make sure you stick it behind the trim panel , fecking noisy bugger

LOL - did the same thing :thumbsup:

psbarham
07-09-2005, 08:08 PM
you should hear the one on the transit , the tw@ts that fitted it put it on the chassis , every time we went near a t junction old people would dive for cover thinking it was an air raid , half a roll of gaffa tape soon sorted that out :thumbsup:

Jerry Shaw
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Sorry to ressurect such and old thread, but can anyone tell me if the electrics for a tow bar need to be spliced in or is there a dedicated plug with a harness being available from the dealer?

I would prefer the harness idea but can cope with splicing.

Thanks

psbarham
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
unfortunatly its scotch lok job /Grrr , but saying that mines been on nearly 4 yrs and not one fault , the benefit of jap cars without leaky boots :D

Jerry Shaw
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, and great avatar, lol

I'm not bothered about the scotch loks but I did one on a cavalier and had a bit of a fiddly ob with it an then discovered there's a harness connector.