PDA

View Full Version : Video Help

HJM
05-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Anyone out there know anything about playing with video footage? I am a complete numpty around such things and have been playing (is that a technical term?) all afternoon to no avail :embarasse

I have a smallish clip I need to trim a bit off each end - I have software to do that but it then turns it from an MPEG4 to a something else ( :embarasse ) and I can't then load it to my hosting site, which will only accept MPEG files.

Does anyone know of any (free) software that will trim but stay in MPEG form?

Any help gratefully received :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jane

strapping young lad
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
hi there

virtualdub will do what you ask for

http://www.virtualdub.org/

its free and simple to use. (the help is quite good, it got me going! :) )

BraindG
06-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Anyone out there know anything about playing with video footage? I am a complete numpty around such things and have been playing (is that a technical term?) all afternoon to no avail :embarasse

I have a smallish clip I need to trim a bit off each end - I have software to do that but it then turns it from an MPEG4 to a something else ( :embarasse ) and I can't then load it to my hosting site, which will only accept MPEG files.

Does anyone know of any (free) software that will trim but stay in MPEG form?

Any help gratefully received :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jane

How about using the CVR4 option? plenty space, and a video repository for members.

HJM
06-09-2005, 08:50 AM
hi there

virtualdub will do what you ask for

http://www.virtualdub.org/

its free and simple to use. (the help is quite good, it got me going! :) )

cheers - will try that :thumbsup:

Barry - last time I tried I couldn't even get on the ftp server - I'll have another go tonight /yes

BraindG
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Barry - last time I tried I couldn't even get on the ftp server - I'll have another go tonight /yes

Thats what im here for :) - any problems, give me a shout.