PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting logged out and just got logged in as someone else

4me
31-08-2003, 05:51 AM
Over the last few days I've had trouble staying logged in. Its almost like my cookie is dropping/invalidating.

Occurs at irregular intervals and can not be reproduced on demand, however can't get through more than two or three forum pages before getting prompted to log back in.

Just now I clicked through the splash screen and was immediately logged in as "jtflemming" with no username or password. Logged out and could get in as myself no problems.

Browser is the Ximian v.2 distribution of Galeon 1.3.5 built around Mozilla.

Cookies are set to accept from all servers.

Pescha
31-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Kia ora INSERT INTO post VALUES (hello) 4me.

I think the signing in as 'jflemming' is a NZ thing, cause I too have been experiencing the same thing. This happened awhile back to me with 'aaron68nz' INSERT INTO post VALUES (another NZ member) and it eventually came right by itself.

We will sort this problem out as soon as possible.

Ka kite ano INSERT INTO post VALUES (See you again)

Pescha!

BraindG
31-08-2003, 10:47 AM
hmmm, thats a strange one..
will have too investigate that..

Spirit
31-08-2003, 10:59 AM
:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( oh good - some more work to do I hear you say !

Good luck sorting that one mate

BraindG
31-08-2003, 02:14 PM
right.. could be due to corrupt cookie.. seems to be a problem with this kind of forum im reading..

4me can you replicate the problem using IE?
Pescha what browser you using? and you still suffering from this? how many other NZ people are getting this problem?

anyone from UK!?

perhaps you need to clear cookies and start again..
use the log out button at the bottom, go to your cookies folder and remove the clubvr4 cookie.. then log in again..

see what happens..

Brind
31-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Never experianced it myself.

The only problem I had was email being sent telling me of new posts after I supposedly stopped them, they eventually stopped coming too.

Pescha
31-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Well I'm still experiencing it this morning! I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer XP.

Cheers,
Pescha!

jtfleming
31-08-2003, 08:57 PM
When I log in I keep getting an old page even when i clear cookies. The only way to get to get an update is to log off and on, any suggestions?:Ponder:

BraindG
31-08-2003, 09:42 PM
What browsers and version are you guys using?

and have you manually deleted the cookie from the cookies folder after logging out? - once you deleted the cookie manually log back in.. see what happens then...

calum
31-08-2003, 11:24 PM
if you're using IE try CTRL + F5. Also check that under options > general > temporary internet files > settings it is set to 'autopmatic' or 'every visit to the page' for checking for new versions of web pages.

Calum

BraindG
31-08-2003, 11:44 PM
ive made a change..
still problems?

INSERT INTO post VALUES (providing you logged out, deleted cookie manually then logged back in again.. tis important you delete manually cos if cookie corrupt, it wont delete when you log out... )

jtfleming
01-09-2003, 03:08 AM
I'm running IE5, have logged out, deleted all cokies and run Evidence Eliminator to no avail, its a real pain in the a.se.:grrr:

Spirit
01-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by jtfleming
I'm running IE5, have logged out, deleted all cokies and run Evidence Eliminator to no avail, its a real pain in the a.se.:grrr:

Now that's NOT what he wanted to hear :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( - hope Barry can sort it for you guys asap

BraindG
01-09-2003, 08:30 PM
right ive figured it out..

4me
aaron68nz
demon
hobbit
jtfleming
MentalDev
Pescha
VR-4Squid

you all ahve used the same IP
203.97.2.243 INSERT INTO post VALUES (netcache2-acld.auckland.clix.net.nz)

which would kinda fall in line what you guys said and it explains to me what the problem is.. now ive figured it out.. ill go figure out how to stop this from happening..

jtfleming
01-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Logged in this morning, all the new post indicators are off:mad: . Went to User CP and got logged in as Pesha. Bah!!!:gun1:

BraindG
01-09-2003, 09:00 PM
dont worry, will get to the bottom of this soon!!!

Nick VR4
01-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Ok thinking out load here INSERT INTO post VALUES (tick tick tick :))

If these peeps get a log on error
Couldn't they log off vr4 club

Then go to dos and do a ipconfig /renew

Brind
02-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Is that for static IP's Nick?
I didn't think it was possible to change your IP unless your provider does it.

jtfleming
02-09-2003, 07:48 AM
I'm gonna smash my computer soon, this is soo frustrating:gun2: How many people log in as me?
Also how come the New post indicators are off?

BraindG
02-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Can I also ask... how long has this been going on for?....
suprised no-ones mentioned it before...

jtfleming - theres about 8 i think..

im pretty sure it cookie related.. will be making some
changes tonight when i get home..

dont go throwing pc's out windows just yet!:eek:

jtfleming
02-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Since the 30th august. Every time i open the Club VR4 it says its 30/8/03 and the time is 9.32am. :confused:

BraindG
02-09-2003, 08:10 AM
but, that doesn't make sense.. ive not made any changes...
what the hell :Cry1:

i can see this one giving me a headache!

Nick VR4
02-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Brind
Is that for static IP's Nick?
I didn't think it was possible to change your IP unless your provider does it.

Oops forgot about that one :o
Just tried on my ADSL line
It didnt work IP adress is set on the modem not the OS doh!

With the date and time issue could this be caused by the cache ?
Maybe people should delete everything in the IE temp folder to do with ClubVR4 ??

4me
02-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
4me can you replicate the problem using IE?
Pescha what browser you using? and you still suffering from this? how many other NZ people are getting this problem?

Doesn't happen in IE. Will try it in Netscape tommorrow.

perhaps you need to clear cookies and start again..
use the log out button at the bottom, go to your cookies folder and remove the clubvr4 cookie.. then log in again..

see what happens..

Done ... no effect :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

4me
02-09-2003, 10:34 AM
right ive figured it out..

4me
aaron68nz
demon
hobbit
jtfleming
MentalDev
Pescha
VR-4Squid

you all ahve used the same IP

which would kinda fall in line what you guys said and it explains to me what the problem is.. now ive figured it out.. ill go figure out how to stop this from happening..

Ok ... you've got my IT Systems Architect personality INSERT INTO post VALUES (can normally repress him when not at work :) ) interested.

This is now beginning to make sense. The netcache you refer to would now be shared by a reasonable chunk of users as a result of a number of mergers and buy-outs here in NZ.

4me
02-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
Ok thinking out load here INSERT INTO post VALUES (tick tick tick :))

If these peeps get a log on error
Couldn't they log off vr4 club

Then go to dos and do a ipconfig /renew

Unfortunately this wouldn't work as the ISP is using transparent web-proxy servers from what I can tell.

As a result, you configure nothing in your browser and their network routers use WCCP+GRE INSERT INTO post VALUES (or something similar) to push your traffic through their caches. Really no way to move the traffic around them.

BraindG
02-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 4me

This is now beginning to make sense. The netcache you refer to would now be shared by a reasonable chunk of users as a result of a number of mergers and buy-outs here in NZ.

Dont tell me, this happened on 30th?

4me
02-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Dont tell me, this happened on 30th?

Ummm ... nope ... happened quite a while back ... well, at least three or four months from memory.

Lets see:
Saturn bought Paradise + Netlink
Saturn merged with Telstra
TelstraSaturn merged with Clear and therefore got Clear.NET.

... and as if by magic three ISP's become one :).

They may well have only recently started using that particular transparent cache however. Prior to that most places I asked thought I was coming through one belonging to one of the other ISPs.

I've been rumaging through the documentation on the phpbb site but can't find a huge amount of information about how the cookie authentication works. Does the DB associate the session hash I can see in the cookie sitting on my machine with a source IP?

BraindG
02-09-2003, 10:57 AM
do me a favour and PM me the content of your Cookie.. if you want you can remove the bit after bbpassword and before clubvr4.co.uk/ just want to check something....

this is a vbulletin site.. not phpbb

4me
02-09-2003, 11:16 AM
do me a favour and PM me the content of your Cookie.. if you want you can remove the bit after bbpassword and before clubvr4.co.uk/ just want to check something....

Done ... not sure if its got the info you want in it, but was all I could dig out of Mozilla.

this is a vbulletin site.. not phpbb

Aha ... that would explain a few things :). Will go poke around on their site.

For what its worth, I am having to login less at the moment ... whether its because everyone else in NZ has gone to bed INSERT INTO post VALUES (it is 10pm afterall ... well past bedtime) not sure.

BraindG
02-09-2003, 11:36 AM
yeah, if your the only person on from NZ, there wont be any conflicts, thus it wont kick you off your session..

received the cookie info, cheers...
im at work just now, so cant really go raking through the vb sites.. but when i get home tongiht, rest assured im gonna get to the bottom of this..

i understand why its happening, just need to figure out how to prevent it..

if you manage to find something that would be great!.. might mean we can sort this before you guys wake up....

BraindG
02-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Ok - made a few changes again..
Then I went through everyones Profile INSERT INTO post VALUES (which have been mentioned earlier in post) and made sure

- Automatically login when you return to the site? INSERT INTO post VALUES (uses cookies)
- Browse the board with cookies

were set up INSERT INTO post VALUES (few of you didnt) INSERT INTO post VALUES ( if your from NZ, could you please double check yours make sure the above settings are set to "Enabled" - if you wernt one of the people mentioned)

When you guys get up we might know if it worked or not..
there is one more change i could make which could perhaps work, if the current changes dont work..

jtfleming
02-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Still stuck on the 30th BAH!!!:mad:
Have cleared cookies, cashe to no avail.

BraindG
02-09-2003, 08:36 PM
come on msn a sec if you have it.. you have PM

BraindG
02-09-2003, 08:47 PM
bloody hell.. forgot :)

we have a chat room here

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/chat

can use that if PM is to confusing.. i tend to think quicker than i type, and normally miss out huge chunks of text cos of it..

BraindG
02-09-2003, 09:13 PM
We "might" INSERT INTO post VALUES (fingers crossed) have a solution..
for those NZ members suffering from this problem.. please follow these steps..

Log out of the site by using the log out link at the foot of the main forum page...INSERT INTO post VALUES (click ok on to return to forum)
Go to Tools\internet options and delete cookies / Delete Files INSERT INTO post VALUES (if you don’t want to loose all your cookies etc, find the cookies relating to clubvr4 in your cookies folder in c:\) INSERT INTO post VALUES (delete cache anyways.. jsut to be sure)
Close your browser - and open another one - then cut paste the following link into URL bar http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/
scroll down to the bottom, and login using the handy login boxes :)
close browser
open a new browser and go to the following link http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/

fingers crossed you should come in first time around..
now hands up here, i really don’t know if this will resolve anything.. however, twice its been done and twice it seemed to work...

tonight, when you guys get home, and log in is when we will know if it worked or not INSERT INTO post VALUES (Pescha and JT already ran through the steps..)

jtfleming
02-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Just logged in again, seems to have worked:beerclash

KiwiTT
04-09-2003, 02:39 AM

This is TelstraClear's wholesale ISP address range. You can contact them at mailto:help@clear.net.nz

If that helps.

BraindG
04-09-2003, 06:19 AM
thank you!..

BraindG
06-09-2003, 10:19 PM
right guys..

ive just spent about 30 mins talking to telstraclear...

they are aware of the problem stating "they are having problems with routing" i have logged a ticket.. t379378 and they will get back to me asap..

ive tried everything i could on the forums to no-avail... hence the call..

after speaking to them they said.. "could one of their customers please call them"...

as i mentioned the ticket number is T379378 ...
just quote that..

its not this sites fault
:) its theirs... so please chase it with them!

thanks
Barry

Pescha
06-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Ok as the NZ moderator I have taken responsibility and got in touch with the appropriate people... Apparently we are being put on their exclusion list at telstraclear INSERT INTO post VALUES (the site that is); this will retify being logged into different user names. The guy was unsure when they will be able to do this, but I would say in the next few working days.

Please keep us informed if you are still currently having this problem as we will have to chase telstra up again if it doesn't get retified...

Cheers,
Pescha!

BraindG
07-09-2003, 10:07 PM

its not this sites fault
:) its theirs... so please chase it with them!

thanks
Barry

I didnt mean that to sound so bad :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
of course ill be assisting any way i can!

4me
11-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Not sure if Telstra[Saturn/Clear/Netlink] have changed their transparent proxy yet or not, but things seem to be working much better at the moment.

Problem may be fixed?

BraindG
11-09-2003, 09:43 AM
it only really seems to happen when theres a few of you online.. you tend to kick each other off...
but fingers crossed it might be!

Pescha, did you get a reply back from them?

Pescha
11-09-2003, 10:15 AM
NO! the :mad2: I'm actually a bit annoyed can you tell :Ponder:

Cheers,
Pescha!

4me
11-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Pescha
NO! the :mad2: I'm actually a bit annoyed can you tell :Ponder:

I don't think you will ever hear back from them.

I've had to call them two times in the last 6 months and say "I want to speak to a customer service manager right now". Both times they could have prevented the problem by just calling me back.

I have "suggested" to them that it would be in their best interests for me not to have to call a third time.:io:

BraindG
24-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Has this been resolved?

not heard anything from you guys, so im assuming all is well :Ponder: