PDA

View Full Version : Now I understand...

I-S
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
...why TDI man is always sprinting away from lights, etc.

Today I had a passat TDI auto for a business trip. Horrid. The reason that they're always being driven at ballistic speeds is so that the driver can get to their destination and STOP DRIVING IT.

Pull away from a junction. Press foot down. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. BANGHERECOMESTHEHORIZONBUTFORAMOMENT. Nothing. Nothing. 'Box changes up. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. BANG... you get the idea. It's dangerous how slow it is before the turbo comes on boost, then dangerously quick (it made the ESP do work in the dry when I was getting out on one roundabout) when it comes on boost for that moment, then dangerously slow again.

Nasty nasty nasty. I will not be buying a diesel any time soon. Oh, and 38.7mpg over 100 miles of A-road and motorway really isn't much better than my galant, and so little better than an avensis 1.8 VVTi auto that there's no reason there to buy a diesel either.

Jimbo
07-09-2005, 09:05 PM
PMSL /lol

I think that was Clarksons summary of the Jag diesel turbo as well.....nothing at all for 90% of the (narrow) rev range and then everything all at once for a nanosecond before having to change gear.