PDA

View Full Version : Oil Service - what do I need?

ghanda
08-09-2005, 12:13 PM
OK, I'll give it a go myself :)

Apart from

12 litres of AYC fluid
5 litres of Engine oil
1 filter

What else do I need? I've searched (I'm sure I saw a post a few days ago detailing all the Mitsi part numbers needed) but to no avail today.

Cheers chaps.

G

Nick Mann
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3851

:thumbsup:

ghanda
08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks Nick! :)

Kieran
08-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Also consider:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10475

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10265

:happy:

ghanda
08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks Kieran - seen those. What fully synth oil did you and Isaac use?

andy43
09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Just done this for the first time today - dead straighforward - but add a dozen big tywraps to your list for the big plastic aerodynamic cover under the engine bay - all but one of my clips were already busted :embarasse and I lost the last one :oops:
I've used Comma 0/40 'fully synthetic' (yeah, right :inquisiti ), a tenner from Costco - will run it round gently for a week or so then put Silkolene Pro-S 5/40 or Motul 300V in - both are supposed to be exceptionally good, not sure whether it's worth the extra if you dump the oil regularly though.

ghanda
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
A question:
If you're going to flush your engine, why not just use your existing oil? I mean on a 50K mile engine is there really going to be that much of a deposit that it'll need two flushes before ending up with your oil of choice?

Eurospec
09-09-2005, 11:30 PM
A question:
If you're going to flush your engine, why not just use your existing oil? I mean on a 50K mile engine is there really going to be that much of a deposit that it'll need two flushes before ending up with your oil of choice?

Hello,

Most of those cans of engine flush you can buy and chuck in with the existing oil say only run for a couple of mins, like 15 or something, and i always wonder how much they can do in that time. I mean it takes years to build the gunk up.

I dont know much about the specifics of these motors (yet!) but i notice guess they have an engine oil cooler, and if so, that is still going to be full of whatever was running round the engine prior to dropping the oil.

I dont think you will get that much gunk in the oil ways and stuff, but if you do use a flush, particularly the can stuff, then i would run through another change of 'okay' oil before going to your final choice just to clean the stuff from the cooler. Alternatively drain the cooler out.

Now that could be all irrelevant as they might not have coolers! Ho hum!

Taxi! :rolleyes4

Cheers,

BEn.

Opie Oils
15-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Dont bother with flushes, they can do more harm then good as most are kerosene/paraffin mixes and can strip out deposits made by the bedding in process.

For best results, just use quality oil, 5w-40 true synthetic unless the car is heavily modded or used on the track, in which case 10w-50 would be worth a look at.

Cheers

Guy.