PDA

View Full Version : Stickers on car

bradc
09-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Hey, my company wants to put chromey www.nfc.co.nz stickers on the side of my car, I said only on the condition they pay for www.clubvr4.com stickers as well.

Am I allowed to do this, and what font is the logo in?

Kenneth
09-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Are your work going to
1) sponsor your car? ie: give you money to have their advertising on it
2) Allow you to claim business expenses (travel expenses, free gas or something) due to the car being used on company business (advertising)
3) give you some other perk

If none of the above, personally I wouldn't sticker my car for anyone (other than the club stickers in the window)

There are 2 reasons why people sticker cars as far as I am aware
a) you think stickers make your car look cool
b) money. Eithier directly as in sponsorship, or indirectly as in marketing/advertising.

If you are giving something to your work, are they giving you some form of compensation?

Totally up to you of course, but thats the sort of thing I would think about. The reason I would think that way is because I actually prefer my car not to have stickers on it. If you prefer stickers, you may just do it as a personal preferance.

Maybe all I am thinking about is money... if you just want to do your work a favour and are happy with that, go for it.

Kenneth
09-09-2005, 04:22 AM
In response to your actual question... (Oops :P)

There is no reason why you should not be able to have the club logo on your car. The club is not out to make money, does not (as far as I am aware) have specific Inelectual Property issues that will make them jump on you for using the logo.

I would expect that as a club we would be annoyed at you if you were to make an ass of yourself and make the club look bad by doing some real real dumb stuff with your car plastered in Club VR-4 stickers.

There is a font available to download for the VR-4 symbol, the other you might just want to take a save of the logo and give it to a sign writer who should be able to do something with it. (ie: know the font or be able to copy it)

Am I nice or what? (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5254&highlight=font)

bradc
09-09-2005, 05:00 AM
yeah you rock. I'll tell them they need to pay for my petrol, it costs me about $15 a day.

thanks dude

Kenneth
09-09-2005, 05:10 AM
yeah you rock. I'll tell them they need to pay for my petrol, it costs me about $15 a day.

thanks dude

Not a problem, glad I could help :thumbsup:

BraindG
09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
spot on ken, couldn't have said it better. :)

pagan
11-09-2005, 11:47 PM
i used to buy a lot from you guys before i moved to chch :)

bradc
12-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Pagan, you can still buy from us, you'll just have to pay heaps of freight. Small world though :D

pagan
12-09-2005, 11:10 PM
say hello to Victor from Alex from Russia :)
these days i get most of the stuff thru TechPac or Dove using reseller accounts at work, but i keep referring friends in Akl to NFC :)

bradc
13-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I will! Thanks for referring friends to us, as I'm sure you know, the computer industry is fairly difficult.

About the stickers, I'm trying to convince them to give me petrol money :D