PDA

View Full Version : The Usual Suspects

HJM
11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Yesterday saw the last Castle Combe Action Day of the year - and what a fantastic day it was :thumbsup:

Sunshine, grass cutting, torrential rain and loads of action............................

Heath made a short trip across the grass at Quarry after a long tussle with a GTO (but the Legnum won in the end /yes) ending his claim of 'I haven't been off since Donny last December' :rolleyes4

Here are a couple of pics which summed the day up and if you have an hour to spare, the rest are HERE! (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/798295/1)

Thanks to all who attended for making it such a great day - hope we didn't keep you in the pub too long Paul and Soraya :chugchug:

1 - HJM at Quarry

2 - Paul leading Simon through Quarry

3 - Where the heck is he going /help

4 - VR4 Formation Tracking in the wet :thumbsup:

5 - Which line into the Esses :rolleyes4

6 - Do you want a flake in that luv :joker:

The Vee
11-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Looks like another great day, coombe, rain, clubvr4, very familier - wish I'd been there. Great pic of the suspects with their 99 cones :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just looked through all the pics on the link and I want to know from Simon, How did that grass get there !! /pan

Physician
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Great pics HJM's ............ interested to know how that SL 600 got on. Was he blasting away everyone or a sedate driver?

PAUL
11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Another great day despite the rain later, managed to stay on the black stuff unlike some others :rolleyes4 thanks to the usual suspects for making it a
most enjoyable day.

We can never be kept in the pub too long it is always nice too wind down with a few drinks :chugchug: hopefully will see you on friday for another outing /Steeringw

Who was the naughty one who got sin-binned /grr /Hmmm

P.S Pics are great Jane :thumbsup:

Jimbo
11-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Nice pictures Jane, glad you all had a good day.

Depressed I couldn't make it, but now the car is sorted (and hopefully stays sorted), I'll be definitely making the next one!!!

HJM
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Depressed I couldn't make it, but now the car is sorted (and hopefully stays sorted), I'll be definitely making the next one!!!

This friday - trackday /Steeringw

PM us if you're interested /Hmmm

Jimbo
11-09-2005, 06:53 PM
This friday - trackday /Steeringw

Hmmm.....not sure if I can get the day off work at this short notice, but it sounds intriguing....where are you off to?

HJM
11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Hmmm.....not sure if I can get the day off work at this short notice, but it sounds intriguing....where are you off to?

Combe - again /Steeringw

Simon
11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
I had a stormer of a day!!!! ive video and pics that i'll try and post....

the usual suspects had no real competition, we were all too quick!!!!! Practiced uncontrolled tail outs! which was fun! Pauls Audi goes like sh1t off a shovel......i want a third turbo :inquisiti

Heath had a great line through quarry, exiting with the rear wheel spinning, throwing up dirt as he exited!!!!!!!!!!

An unnamed driver got a "sin bin", who could that be??????????????????? /Hmmm :karate:

I had a BIG off at over 100mph /pan going down the main straight, very wet, lots of standing water, Bonsai boy goes past, i slightly turn right ready for the bend and the car came round, 90 degrees to the track, i remember looking out of the passenger window to see that i was still travelling directly towards quarry corner, and wasnt slowing down........ended up still going sideways on the infield, car slowly turns round and we pulll it straight. I pull up to the track and ask my passenger "look left, is there anything coming"?!?!?!?!!?....just like we were trying to pull out of a t-junction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... :rolleyes4 /yes Oh, how we laughed!! /JawDroppi

Ive watched the video about 30 times and im glad i didnt manage to turn the car over in the dirt, Jane kindly didnt take any pictures, although after the event i wouldnt mind seeing what it looked like from the outside. Basically we aquaplaned............. /Brolly

Paul, Jane and Co. kindly didnt mention it to Claire back at base but when i turned up with a white car with camoflauge over it, it was difficult to hide the truth. :oops:

Whos signiture says "if you feel in control you are not trying hard enough"???? I may borrow that from now on!

Great day, these days will grow and grow in popularity! :thumbsup:

HJM
11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Jane kindly didnt take any pictures, although after the event i wouldnt mind seeing what it looked like from the outside. Basically we aquaplaned............. /Brolly

In hindsight - I wish I had taken pics too - but at the time, I was too busy praying and shouting 'Nooooooooooo' /help

Spirit
11-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Glad you all had a great day and good to see you all "just about" came away in one piece :thumbsup:

Sorry we couldn't be there - work and the current "issues" with our car wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

Jimbo
11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I had a BIG off at over 100mph /pan going down the main straight, very wet, lots of standing water, Bonsai boy goes past, i slightly turn right ready for the bend and the car came round, 90 degrees to the track, i remember looking out of the passenger window to see that i was still travelling directly towards quarry corner, and wasnt slowing down........ended up still going sideways on the infield, car slowly turns round and we pulll it straight. I pull up to the track and ask my passenger "look left, is there anything coming"?!?!?!?!!?....just like we were trying to pull out of a t-junction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... :rolleyes4 /yes Oh, how we laughed!! /JawDroppi

/lol excellent stuff !!!

Can't wait to see the video - get editing /yes

HJM
12-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Shame I can't put my video up (still can't sort it out technically - long story !) of my second session - overtook 15 cars :rolleyes4 Only got overtaken by 2 rally prepared cars (one got yellow carded :thumbsup: ) and a very quick Evo 7.

First session was interesting :rolleyes4 - had to overtake a persistent GTO twice - firstly because he overtook me going into Quarry on the wrong side /grr and secondly because in my eagerness to lose him I somewhat over did it going into Quarry - it was Quadal all over again - except it was dry and the car was fantastic (someone got this on video /yes ).

Still it was a great day (I'll let others discuss the last wet session - that was full of incidents including Simon's 'power slide') and having to do it all again on this Friday /Steeringw :drummer: :happy: /help

Kieran
12-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great day of it! :thumbsup: The wet session sounds like it was interesting!! :rolleyes4 :leer: /Steeringw