PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 300ZX amazingly cheap toy

paulmc
11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Has anyone ever looked at these as a second car / toy. You can pick them up for 1500 quid, that has got to be cheap for a motor that still looks awesome for its age and has 3000cc and two turbos /Hmmm

Can you tell I miss the speed already /yes

Wodjno
11-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Has anyone ever looked at these as a second car / toy. You can pick them up for 1500 quid, that has got to be cheap for a motor that still looks awesome for its age and has 3000cc and two turbos /Hmmm

Can you tell I miss the speed already /yes

I was looking at these a couple years ago before i brought the VR4.. It's not easy to find a good one standard, so you can do your own mods.. They are quite a rust bucket if they haven't been cared for .. They tend to rust alot around the rear tailgate and also the front screen .. Also check inside the sunroof as water seems to congregate in that area to... I couldn't actually find a good car at the time, but i didn't travel that far.. The 1's i did look at i wasn't impressed with.. Could have picked 1 up easily and cheap enough to use as i track day car and not worry to much about the looks of it.. There are some cracking looking 1's around but they usually have caring owners that ave ploughed plenty pennys into and they wanna keep them too.. Easily tunable and plentiful parts to..

paulmc
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah you are prob right @ that sort of money they will be well used / f00ked. Worth a look though I think

landy
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm sure they showed one of these on Sky last night (Revved up?). Someone spent a total of £5000 to buy it and do it up. Nice!! :thumbsup:

i3ooyah
12-09-2005, 05:36 AM
i use to have one, first things first put it on a diet. didnt have any problems besides a leaking seal around the ttop rubbers

You See
12-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Leaks around the rubbers....now there's something you wanna avoid! ...hahah