PDA

View Full Version : are the radio, light and central locking fuses all linked

Bal
14-09-2005, 08:27 PM
i think i just blew all the fuses to these three things.

interior lights not working, central locking not working and the radio doesnt work.

i was wiring in the cd changer box for my HU and accidently touched the live wire against an earthed bit of metal. i think i just blew the fuses

B

Paul Beazer
14-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Bloody electrickery, fiddy stuff it is!

Done the same in the past meself.

Dunno 'bout the fuses tho, sorry.

wirdy
14-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Fuse list in members section somewhere. :thumbsup:

mpau009
14-09-2005, 10:21 PM
i think i just blew all the fuses to these three things.

interior lights not working, central locking not working and the radio doesnt work.

i was wiring in the cd changer box for my HU and accidently touched the live wire against an earthed bit of metal. i think i just blew the fuses

B

Yep i did the same when changing my headunit, and my doors wouldn't stay locked and my alarm freaked out, its a huge pain, but simple to fix, the fuse you're after (assuming its the same one) was in the main fuse box under the bonnet (not under the dash), i think it was called interior accessories or something similar, but there's not too many to choose from, it was a standard 10amp (or 15?) from memory.

Wish i'd known about the club back then, i hate having to ring my dad for help... stupid locks going on and off... siren (with battery back up) going nuts thinking it was being nicked... aah.. good times.

Bal
15-09-2005, 09:13 AM
hey guys, where is the interior fuse box, i cant find it.

I looked under the steering column (admittedly it was pitch black).

mpau009
15-09-2005, 09:35 AM
hey guys, where is the interior fuse box, i cant find it.

I looked under the steering column (admittedly it was pitch black).

Theres a fold down pocket to the right of the steering wheel, on the bottom half of the dash, open it, and then it pulls out entirely, and there are two rows of fuses behind it. on the back of the pocket you removed, is the key as to what fuse is where.

Are you sure it wasn't the one under the bonnet? sounded identical to what i experienced.

Bal
15-09-2005, 09:52 AM
oh i see you have to pull that out. fair enuf ill do that.

im not sure, it was pitch black and my flatmate had my torch as he was fixing his exhaust so i thought id leave it till today. when i get home from work i'll have a look.

there isnt one called interior accessories, there are individual ones for the lights, radio and alarm i think. anyways i'll figure it out when i get home. not a biggy. just an annoyance as i wanted to watch a dvd on the way home, i cant even listen to music now.

i'll keep you posted.

B

Bal
15-09-2005, 09:31 PM
a;; sprted/ replaced teh fuse for the lights and everything came back up.

screen is now in as is stereo
everything is sweet as ...