PDA

View Full Version : This Galant is better looking than the next

KiwiTT
01-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Have you guys seen pictures of the new Galant. Or is this old news.

After seeing these, I decided to purchase my one as I knew it would be an instant classic. I will be hanging onto my one until Mitsubishi see the error in their ways.

see April 2003 (http://autozine.kyul.net/0_News/Latest/Current/News_frame.htm) edition of AutoZine.

"The new Galant is based on a new platform which also gives birth to the Endeavor SUV. At 4836mm long and 1839mm wide, it is a size up from the previous generation. Front suspension is changed from multi-link to MacPherson strut, while the rear remains to be multi-link. Like rivals, it offers a choice of big four-cylinder engine and V6, the former is a 2.4-litre 160hp unit with MIVEC variable valve timing. The V6 is very big - at 3.8 litres actually exceed Nissan’s 3.5 V6 and matches GM’s 3.8 V6. However, it’s a shame that it produces just 230 horsepower and 250 lbft of torque. Also, 4-speed automatic is nothing to be proud of."

Kieran
01-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Yeah...:mad:

:grr: I think they need to rethink this car before inporting it to the UK... A good start would be hanging the designer of that monstrosity by his toenails and setting his armpits on fire:gun2:, whilst simultaneously taking a sharp set of razor blades to his:mad2: [censored], then [censored] his worthless [censored] and, finally [censored] him with a spiky cactus - Backwards!!!....

Ahem, I feel better now:D...

I agree... It's a putrid, diseased excuse of a car, that should have aborted and thrown down the toilet at the earliest possible opportunity. It's the absolute antithesis of the 8G - it's a brash, vulgar, bloated vehicle, with technology that's a step backards in some areas - MacPhersons at the front?! They're OK, but a Multilink is far better, surely!

Right - Time for my anti-raving lunatic pills :D

SGHOM
01-09-2003, 11:40 PM
I think it looks quite sweet !

zedy1
01-09-2003, 11:46 PM
i think youre the only one :D :D :D

Brind
02-09-2003, 12:29 AM
LOL @ Kieran :D

I didn't click the link but assuming it's the one we've discussed here before I can safely say I won't be buying one.

If you think about it, it is a kind of car that appeals to the Americans.. their version of our normal 8G Galants are quite different in that they have the pointless gutless large engines and theirs has chrome bits which UK buyers would find hideous and the interior is just.. American.
So... hopefully it's just them that end up with that sad excuse for a Nissan Primera.

KiwiTT
02-09-2003, 01:21 AM
I heard that the US has introduced new Safety Standards and the headlight design, size, shape is based on these.

jtfleming
02-09-2003, 01:48 AM
I think rear 3/4 view very appealing. :cool1: