PDA

View Full Version : XBOX/TV/Desktop all-in-one using MMCS

leiram
16-09-2005, 04:38 AM
FYI to all that it is 100% indeed possible to use your MMCS for your xbox. Since xbox can be turned into a desktop its also possible now to have your car w/ a full desktop computer and get connected to the net 24/7 via wireless (e.g. woosh) and even turn this into a TV. Xbox's controller ports are USB and there are heaps load of USB TV tuner in shoppes now.

I've attached a video on this post. Kindly use Quicktime player to view the movie or Quicktime alternative. Thanks to clubvr4 for the help making this project possible. Also thanks to Mitsubishi, I don't have to purchase an expensive tv for my ride.

bradc
16-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I've got a dvd player on order that will let me watch dvd's on my mmcs through the tv tuner. Where abouts are you located? I'd be keen to have a look at your setup.

Kieran
16-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Can any of you guys post a picture of your TV tuner and how you've connected your devices to the TV tuner box, please? :inquisiti

bradc
16-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I will when I get mine sorted.

leiram
18-09-2005, 09:38 PM
bradc I'm at te atatu south. As for the TV tuner, I'm working on it. I'm looking on using xDSL or xbox-linux.org's distro (will post a video clip of desktop using MMCS) then use an AverMedia AverTV USB 2.0 DVB-T Digital TV Tuner Supports XP MCE & Linux h**p://www.mediaatlantic.com/product.php/25397/0/ then recompile the Linux kernel then there you go.

This would definitely work (theoretically)