PDA

View Full Version : <--n00b

numbat-nz
17-09-2005, 08:09 AM
hey team, I've had my VR-4 wagon a couple of months and being it's my first car I don't really know ****, let alone what kind/type of VR-4
anyways, theres a couple of things going on that make me worry

firstly but not so important, the touch screen interface works only some of the time, when it does i can sort through cds etc, but when it's not working it comes up with some CD error and stays that way, any ideas what that might be about?

secondly and possibly more serious, (possibly related too) is that the TCL off light comes on and the picture of the engine in yellow comes on the dash sometimes when i'm driving

now this happened a couple of times when i first had the car but since then it hasn't come up again, until the touch screen interface stopped working again and it's started to crop up again

any advice/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated, I love my VR4 and i'd love to learn a lot more about it

let me know, thanks

-LegnumVR4-
17-09-2005, 08:39 AM
TCL OFF light: If the engine check light is coming on then it maybe the little valves on the firewall in the engine bay. Look for the chassis number on the firewall, there is also a polished vehicle plate on the firewall. If u look to the right of it (about 500mm away)there is a bracket with a grey looking cylinder, on that bracket is 2 plugs that each go into a valve, give the plugs a push, wiggle the wires a bit to check that everything is connected right.

Rhys

Kieran
17-09-2005, 09:07 AM
but when it's not working it comes up with some CD error and stays that way, any ideas what that might be about?

If it's the one I thinking of, then it's a message related to the CD in the Satnav box - (the single slot loader, not your autochanger). It's normally because there's beena read error, or because the CD isn't in. :happy:

bradc
17-09-2005, 09:52 AM
numbat, if Kieran is correct I can give you a copy of the cd if you'd like. I've never had my mmcs do anything like that.

numbat-nz
27-10-2005, 03:36 AM
If it's the one I thinking of, then it's a message related to the CD in the Satnav box - (the single slot loader, not your autochanger). It's normally because there's beena read error, or because the CD isn't in.

numbat, if Kieran is correct I can give you a copy of the cd if you'd like. I've never had my mmcs do anything like that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't think i have a satnav box (although i am n00b so i probably do just haven't sussed it out) but it was working at some stage when i had some cd's in the auto changer, so yeh thats a tad strange!

bradc
27-10-2005, 07:20 AM
If you look in the boot there are 3 panels in the floor of the boot, there is the big one where the spare tyre is, then on the right side after the rear wheel well there is a hatch that has the tv tuner in it, and on the left side after the rear wheel well there is the GPS system in the same place. It is a metal box ;) It is just next to the cd stacker.

Are you in Auckland? We could always meet up and I can swap my MMCS cd into your car, and see what happens, as well as play around with the setup.

numbat-nz
14-11-2005, 07:00 AM
yeh i'll have a look for that, thanks! yeh i am in beach haven on the shore, you on msn?