PDA

View Full Version : MOT Warning

Jimbo
20-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Read a few times of people getting through the MOT emissions without the need for a test.

Well I'm not sure how widespread this is yet, but I had a spot of bother yesterday as my local test centre actually had the VR4 on their books for the first time (they didn't in March when I took the last one).

It failed as well....very marginal though, so I put the cat back on this morning and it retested fine. :thumbsup:

bernmc
29-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Read a few times of people getting through the MOT emissions without the need for a test
I think that should be 'without the need for a cat'. You've been on the bottle again m'boy, haven't you?

Jimbo
30-09-2005, 09:25 AM
I think that should be 'without the need for a cat'. You've been on the bottle again m'boy, haven't you?

Almost certainly have, I can't deny that.....yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but...... I sort of meant both; I'm sure a few people have said they didn't have the emissions part of the test done at all, and my old car was only tested on idle last time.

mike
30-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Had my MOT yesterday on the 'new' system - nightmare.

Firstly my car wasn't listed - a 1997 auto VR4 saloon. Closest we could get was a Ralliart Galant 1999 auto VR4 saloon first used in 1997.... ? :inquisiti I'f you've got a '5-door' then I think all years are covered.

Anyway, it takes a while to log on to the VOSA database, request car details, state an MOT is to be carried out. Then you can't or shouldn't log on again for about 45 minutes.

Anyway, it passed but the emissions were... erm... and got an 'advisory' on a lower ball joint! Mitsu only 'checked' these recently /grr (thats another story - result is I'm £160 lighter and have one to fit this afternoon)

Mike.

Big Ian
30-09-2005, 09:46 AM
/yes ..the law is changing (next year) all car's fitted with a "CAT" must have one fitted and as part of "the new MOT" it will be the job of the tester to note the part number of the CAT and log it with DVLA along with car colour and any other non factory changes (within reason! :rolleyes4 )
i also heard that each MOT test should last no less than 1 hour and that Garage's may be allowed to charge the time as "labour" (which ever is most £...MOT fee or 1 hour's garage fee)

:inquisiti the belt is tighten'n! :embarasse

Rally205
30-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Had my leggie tested yesterday. No emissions test required. Even spoke to VOSA myself on the phone while I was at the test centre and the Legnum is definitely not on the database.

Out of curiosity though we tried it on a standard cat test and it failed miserably. /Hmmm