PDA

View Full Version : Help Help.here come's a numpty

Slyder
20-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Hi All,

/Poms I HAVE A VR4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /Poms

Yes picked it up on Friday from Arnie in Chichester. It's a 2001 Ralliart Galant Estate, in Indigo Blue, standard apart from a front disc upgrade/red stuff pads. I'm experiencing loads of brake "judder". Just to sort it once and for all I reckon I'll change the discs and probably do the rears aswell. Herein lies my cry for help. I've found on certain threads loads of conflicting advice on discs and pads. Ferodo or EBC? Disc sizes? Disc manufacturer? Can someone tell me, or at least point me in the direction of a difinitive answer. Sod it, front and rear discs and pads, part numbers would be nice and someone to buy them from. I've even seen mention of a club/group deal, with someone :rolleyes4 I've yet to find out who this is with/how much etc.

I warned y'all I was a numpty. I found some EBC discs for a VR4 somewhere on t'internet but it said they were for pre'97 models only /wall

Pictures to come soon, promise. Oh and I've paid for full membership.

Now the spending REALLY starts eh???? /duh

Kieran
20-09-2005, 11:06 PM
WooHoo!!! :drummer: :thumbsup:

Welcome to a world of big petrol bills and even bigger fun!:D

Spirit
21-09-2005, 07:22 AM
My personal recommendation for daily use = Ferodo DS2500 pads + National 8 groove discs, and I can supply the details of our local contact to get them if required.

For regular track use = Ferodo DS2500 pads + KAD 6 pot upgrade with 330mm discs (approx £1500 though)

Nick Mann
21-09-2005, 10:21 AM
For £500ish you can get a full set of second hand Evo brembos - four calipers, four discs, and a full set of pads. Another £50 will see four braided hoses. As you have a facelift car, they will drop straight on. Your one problem will be that the front calipers won't fit under the 16" wheels. A set of Evo wheels will sort that out for you.

I got Evo VII wheels, new tyres and all the brake stuff for under £1k. Well worth doing.

Incidentally - time to plug the benefits of being a member - £20 will get you access to the members area, where Kieran has done a good 'How to' article on servicing the brakes and the discounts section tells you where to get national grooved discs and DS2500 pads for under £250.

psbarham
21-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi All,

/Poms I HAVE A VR4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /Poms

Yes picked it up on Friday from Arnie in Chichester. It's a 2001 Ralliart Galant Estate, in Indigo Blue, standard apart from a front disc upgrade/red stuff pads. I'm experiencing loads of brake "judder". Just to sort it once and for all I reckon I'll change the discs and probably do the rears aswell. Herein lies my cry for help. I've found on certain threads loads of conflicting advice on discs and pads. Ferodo or EBC? Disc sizes? Disc manufacturer? Can someone tell me, or at least point me in the direction of a difinitive answer. Sod it, front and rear discs and pads, part numbers would be nice and someone to buy them from. I've even seen mention of a club/group deal, with someone :rolleyes4 I've yet to find out who this is with/how much etc.

I warned y'all I was a numpty. I found some EBC discs for a VR4 somewhere on t'internet but it said they were for pre'97 models only /wall

Pictures to come soon, promise. Oh and I've paid for full membership.

Now the spending REALLY starts eh???? /duh :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Slyder
21-09-2005, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Mann]For £500ish you can get a full set of second hand Evo brembos - four calipers, four discs, and a full set of pads.

Nice one Nick. :thumbsup:

£500 sounds good. 2nd hand you say?? Do I need to find a friendly pikey or is there someone you know who will rip them off a stationary Evo? :mask: :leer:

The wheels are sorted. Arnie threw in a set of 18" Dare(?) alloys, complete with nearly new Goodyear Eagles, yum yum. The 16's that I have on at the mo, with Toyo rubber, are plenty grippy enough, might be able to flog em to someone who doesn't need to fit big calipers in.
Just need to make the blighter stop without shaking my arms off.

SGHOM
21-09-2005, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Mann]Do I need to find a friendly pikey or is there someone you know who will rip them off a stationary Evo? :mask: :leer:

check out MLR. /yes [ mitsubishi lancer register ]
they often come up for sale on there. :thumbsup: