PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour

purpledragon
21-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi all

Newbie here. I decided to join this forum as I really like the Galant, and wouldnt mind one for my next car. however I dont know that much about them. Ive done a bit of research, and the VR-4 looks the dogs nob!! Whats the V6 like?
What should I look out for? Which ones should be avoided etc?

I will be looking to buy one (if all goes to plan) at the end of the year/beginning of next and I'll ave around £5k to play with. What would that get me?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to earing about this lovely car :thumbsup:

You See
21-09-2005, 10:59 AM
WELCOME!
Well I've never seen the inside of a dogs nob before (and don't plan to), but a VR4 sure looks damn sexy!
I've personally haven't driving a V6 version myself, but from what's on here people tend to be happy with their cars.
Also not sure what you'll get for 5k
Hope this has helped but I very much doubt it....expect to see more useless posts from me in the future....lol

nodding_dino
21-09-2005, 11:04 AM
hello from a fellow n00b! I'm in the same boat as you although am ready to buy right now...watch this space ;)

Brunty
21-09-2005, 11:13 AM
I think you'll find owners of VR4's, V6 and the 2.0ltr models are happy customers across the board. You won't hear many complaints on these boards - that's not to say there is absolutely nothing wrong with them - just that they are are awesome cars.

Running costs are a big issue on the VR4 - and when things do go wrong (search gearbox and AYC in particular) they can be very expensive to fix....hey, it's not easy lookin' this good!!! :happy:

I presume by dogs nob you meant good?

Nick Mann
21-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Click on the resources tab at the top of the page, and you will find a buyers guide.

The V6 is a good car, but doesn't have the same wow factor either. It is much cheaper to run, though!

Standard V6 is about 8s 0-60, standard VR4 just over 6s. Neither number is bad for a big family car. Add a couple of grand to the purchase price of your VR4, and you can get it down to just over 5s. The V6 is not at all easy to modify for those kinds of gains.

Ultimately, The VR4 handles better and grips much better. The V6 is a nightmare to get the power down from a standing start, especially in the wet!

£5k should enable you to pick a good V6. It will get you a VR4, but you would probably have to be patient and wait for a good one.