PDA

View Full Version : Bumper re,oval / inserts removal

ritch_w
21-09-2005, 04:57 PM
following on from Nick Manns pic and instructions for galant bumper removal (in this thread http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7198&highlight=remov%2A+front+bumper)

how long does it take to remove a front bumper?

and how do the 3 (bumper) grill insert thingies at the fog lights and the lower middle come out? (can these be removed without taking off the bumper?)

see bits circled in red on the pic

Nick Mann
21-09-2005, 06:10 PM
A couple of hours tops. The difficult bit is the two screws into each wing. The plastic mesh on mine was screwed into place, IIRC.

AncientOfMu
21-09-2005, 07:48 PM
The two fog light bits of grill just pull off /Hmmm

The middle bit of grill in the new sport front bumper i have has 4 clips and 8 screws holding it on i guess your bumper would be much the same.

I have to change mine too as I now have the V6 Sport one back from the painters :thumbsup: damn they did a good job.

Hopefully it wont take a noob like me more than 4 hrs. Going to do it like the Manual in the members section says and take off the wheel arch plastic first.

Hopefully get time this weekend so I'll let you knwo how it goes :)

ritch_w
21-09-2005, 08:07 PM
got it off in under an hour - the 2 screws at the sides (inside wheel arch) are a pain in tha @rse!!!!!

Can anyone give me some painting advice?
i've flatted the paint down, and i'm going to give it a coat of met red then - once its dry should i then flat it down again? or just apply a coat of lacquer? :inquisiti