PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rear Speakers

spy
22-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi

I have just discovered my left rear speaker is not working. Mitsubishi reckons it'll cost $105 and three weeks to get a new one in from japan. If anyone has a old speaker out of the rear door sitting around I'll take it off your hands for you at a reasonable price. I really just want another one the same to just plug in at the moment while I try and find the motivation to install the rest of my stereo. If anyone can help let me know.

Cheers
Al

marmel31
23-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Can anyone confirm the size of the rear speakers? If they are the same as the ones in the front door I have a set out of my 98 Legnum Viento that you can have for the cost of postage, they were both working when I took them out.

Nick Mann
23-09-2005, 01:36 PM
All the same size, which is 17cm IIRC. The fronts have a seperate tweeter unit, though whereas the rears are full range.

i3ooyah
23-09-2005, 03:52 PM
WHY? the rear speakers are krap

get some aftermarket 6'5" coaxials for cheaper then that and you'll get two and you dont have to wait 3 weeks and it'll improve the sound quality

marmel31
23-09-2005, 11:39 PM
The speakers I have are out of a Viento and are not components so they should be fine. Send me a PM if you want them, should cost about $5 to post.

spy
28-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, but I dont need those speakers now. I got the afternoon off work to put my components in, so its all sorted now. Still gotta get round to doing the front components and the subs, but the TV and Rear components are all go. :smug:

Thanks again.

You See
28-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Post up some pics so we can drool dude...

marmel31
28-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, but I dont need those speakers now. I got the afternoon off work to put my components in, so its all sorted now. Still gotta get round to doing the front components and the subs, but the TV and Rear components are all go. :smug:

Thanks again.

Where did you mount the tweeters for your rear components?