PDA

View Full Version : V6 24V dizzy cap

psbarham
24-09-2005, 09:02 PM
a quick how to remove the distributor cap on the V6 ,this has probably been covered else where but i couldn't find it so I'll do it again
first off remove the back of the airbox , maf and inlet pipe by undoing the two clips on the air box the MAF multi plug , two breather pipes and the inlet pipe jubilee clip

then you will be able to see the distributor in all its glory ,you then need to undo the 2 bolts that hold the splash guard on the front one is 10 mm and the rear one is 12 mm , why ????

with this out of the way you will now be able to undo the 3 8mm bolts that hold the dizzy cap on undo these and hey presto its now free to do with as you will , if like mine it just needs a good clean then i highly recommend a copper wire brush on a dremel type jobbie saves taking the ht leads off , i hope this helps someone :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
25-09-2005, 12:04 PM
You missed the bit where you end up swearing, removing the skin from your knuckles trying to get the lower of the 3 screws undone, whilst trying to find a screwdriver short enough to actually get to the screw head. Oh what fun! grrr!

psbarham
25-09-2005, 02:36 PM
thats why you take the dust gaurd off , then you have enough room to get a 8 mm socket with an extension , no skinned knuckles here :smug: must have done something wrong :inquisiti

Paul Beazer
25-09-2005, 08:18 PM
8mm socket, pity i couldnt see that at the time! Anyway my 8mm socket has been subject to fridge suck!

Fridge Suck = The power exibited by a fully stocked fridge to attract underneath it any small and irreplaceable object, crucial to component's function, whilst being disassembled within a 10 yard radius of said fridge

psbarham
25-09-2005, 08:22 PM
8mm socket, pity i couldnt see that at the time! Anyway my 8mm socket has been subject to fridge suck!

Fridge Suck = The power exibited by a fully stocked fridge to attract underneath it any small and irreplaceable object, crucial to component's function, whilst being disassembled within a 10 yard radius of said fridge
you have a fridge on your drive ? :inquisiti i just have some gravel a galant and a transit :embarasse . "Cat can i have a fridge for the drive " /grr " yes i do like sex and travel why do you ask ?" /grr " oh , thats not very nice " :embarasse