PDA

View Full Version : Foglights- Not usual Question opinion needed

AncientOfMu
26-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

After taking 4 hrs fitting my new bumper on saturday :embarasse

I discovered that the new one obviously has the 4 light set up, my old one only had 2 /pan

Ok so heres the question.... I have to wire in the new lights.... My guess would be the two inner ones (the projector type ones) wire as proper foglights.

But the two outer ones? Splice them in so they are foglights too? Wire them into the main beam for driving lights? Rig up a seperate switch arrangment?

What do people think....? /help

zedy1
26-09-2005, 09:42 PM
the other two are usally main beam/flash lights but seprate switch will be better

Nick Mann
26-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Like these?

As Mo says, the outers are wired with the main beam - the inners as fogs. I used to imagine a blast of angelic harmony everytime I flicked to main beam at night!! Best headlights of the G's I have owned.

SGHOM
26-09-2005, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Mann]As Mo says, the outers are wired with the main beam - QUOTE]

I thought they came on with the indicators ?? /Hmmm

Nick Mann
26-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Nope. These style the outers come on with the indicators, and the inners are fogs.

AncientOfMu
26-09-2005, 10:21 PM
well at the moment i only have one inner coming on with the foglight switch the other ineer has a blown bulb i hope. The outers are not wired to anything at the moment.

Nick yes the lights are exactly the same as the one on the silver galant.

V6 sport ones ... well thats where my bumper came from anyway.

i like the idea of them coming on with main beam but i would like to manually switch them as well /Hmmm might have to come up with some wiring :inquisiti

Nick VR4
27-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Isn't is against the law :-policema to have Spot lights on a different switch ????

I had my outer fogs wired up to come on with the innner ones when switched on didn't like the idea of outer ones coming on when you indicate :thumbsup:

bradc
27-09-2005, 11:13 AM
As others have said, the normal setup is that the inner ones work with the foglight switch, and the outer ones come on when you indicate.

If I was intending on keeping the front bumper I would rip out the lights and use the space for a cold air intake. I might put a small pair of lights in the front of my new bumper, depending on how much room the intercooler takes up (same bumper as Marcel)

Nick Mann
27-09-2005, 02:36 PM
You are all talking about the VR4 set-up. The V6 Sport does not put the light on with the indicator. The lens looks forwards, not sideways!! The silver spots pictured are the property of Paul Beazer - check the operation with him.

Paul Beazer
27-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Thats my car. MY CAR!!!! :smitten:
The outer ones come on when you put the headlamps on to main beam. ABSOLUTELY F'IN MARVELOUS!!
So bright i thought the dipped beam was a bit dim. Thoroughly recomended, oh yes!

bradc
27-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I've never seen lights like that before, I assumed they were aftermarket. Do you know if they are a JDM product, or just UK?

Kieran
27-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I've never seen lights like that before, I assumed they were aftermarket. Do you know if they are a JDM product, or just UK?

They're not aftermarket. Just UK I think - they are rare though - the Sport's lights very quickly changed to the design used by the VR-4, minus the cornering lamp.

Paul Beazer
27-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Correctamundo. Not seen any others with sameset as mine.
From my limited fiddling they are fed off a splitter on the n/s headlamp main beam wiring, if you're interested. Now i've got them, i wouldnt want to be without them.
Off to play lighthouses now, see if i can get any carlsberg ships to run aground :evil2: