PDA

View Full Version : Possible speeding ticket - but I'm innocent!!

bradc
30-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Tonight I was driving along coming up the Bombay Hills doing exactly 100kmh in the slow lane, I could see a slow truck doing only 60kmh or so, so I moved into the fast lane, I also lifted off the throttle a little bit, and was doing 95kmh. (yeah I'm pushing for 650km on a tank of gas this time!)

A newish Subaru decided he didn't like this, and pulled into the slow lane and was doing about 115kmh when he passed me, at which point I saw a speed camera van, and thought that it is all good, I knew I was doing well under the limit.

The camera's flash went off, obviously deciding the subaru was going too fast. The problem is that I beleive my car would be in the frame too, and that because I was in the fast lane I think I might get the fine.

Any thoughts or inputs on this? I guess I'll find out for sure in the next week or so....

v8killa
30-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Don't worry - if more than 1 car going in either direction is in the picture, it's invalid.
They have strict rules - only one car in the captured frame to get a prosecution, ask them for the pic, its free, if theres another car in it - it was the other bloke speeding. If you dont get a fine - the other speeding car probably invalidated the photo...

bradc
30-09-2005, 09:47 AM
sweet thanks. I got the guys number plate written down anyway, just as further proof.

ckl261 - if you see him, kick him for me! ;)

You See
30-09-2005, 10:09 AM
hahaha....you'll be sweet dude....
...and a Sh!tbaru doing more than 80kms?....impossibleeee!

i3ooyah
30-09-2005, 01:00 PM
dont worry dude, this has happened to me 4times, yes 4 and havnt got one yet :P

richy rich
30-09-2005, 02:19 PM
in the uk we get two flashes/pics this is so the camera can get your speed and from these pics will show the scooby moving faster than you.
as in the second pic will be showing him advancing faster than your car.

dickytim
01-10-2005, 04:23 AM
I was racing an X-5 a while back we were both doing nearly twice the speed limit, we were flashed but no fine ever arrived, I haven't done that since.

v8killa
01-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I know a guy who used to be a camera van driver - he said some days, they cant change the film fast enough - but at the end of the day 90% of them are invalid - more than 1 car in picture.

maori_by_nature
04-10-2005, 12:15 AM
if wosre comes to worse and you do get a fine just think of me cause i got my car inpounded a couple of weeks ago and the drags for race'n another VR4 and i'm pay'n $2000 for a lawer to get me a wk licence then i have to pay $300 + to get it out of impound then get a new wof so if u want we can sawp and i'll pay your fine and u pay for mine... lol

Spader
04-10-2005, 01:49 AM
My Wifes brother got her car impounded for spinning the rear tyres...thing was he did it sideways out of a peterol station infront of a marked police car.
30 days without the car and $320 to get it out of impound. He lost his license for 6 months, got caught driving the week before he got it back and lost it again for another 6 months.....then there was the possession charge for the weed....
That boy racer law is a killer

You See
04-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Some people will never learn...tsk tsk

Kenneth
04-10-2005, 02:03 AM
I thought they couldn't impound the car unless it was yours?

A guy got pulled up doing 180 on a bike (ZX12R) and they didn't take the bike as it was owned by the bike shop (he took it for a test ride) although they took his license and whatnot.

hehe, my mate workes at the bike shop and was pi**ing himself laughing

i3ooyah
04-10-2005, 03:37 AM
or if its a work car, so try get some work stickers on your ride :)

maori_by_nature
05-10-2005, 02:46 AM
hell no i'm not putting work stickers on my ride if u saw my company logos then you'd no y.

but i get my car back on sunday so first thing monday i'm getting my plates changed then a wof...