PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin drivers...the worst in the world!!!

Rossco Type-S
03-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Yesterday I went for a drive out in the country just north of Dunedin City. On the way back I was in a passing lane up a hill known as the Kilmog. I was following some small green hatchback (which probably shouldn't have been passing as it didn't have the HP) in the inside lane was a very late model Landcruiser Prado (the cheap one) towing a trailer in front of it was a bus. The dickhead in the prado realised that he was running ou tof passing lane and wanted to pass the bus, the fact that there was a car there didn't really seem to bother him he just accelarated and went forcing the hatch back to cross the centre lane into on coming traffic.

About 5 minutes later I was driving up a large hill just north of Dunners (on the northern motorway). The whole hill is a passing lane. I was doing about 110 the whole way up the hill, I caught up with a near new BA XR8 ute also towing a trailer that was probably only doing 80 at the time, as I got my nose just in front of hime he decided that he did not want passed so he started accelerating. To make things worse the passing lane was finishing at the brow of this hill (without my knowledge). The arsehole in the XR8 forced me across the centre lane as I reached the brow of the hill. As I came over it I was confronted by a pair of headlights. So I did all I could do...I floroed it. It is fair to say the turbos saved my life, with in no time I went from about 120 to more than my speedo goes upto. Then the arsehole put his lights on full and got right up my arse the whole way up the next hill which is also a passing lane. This passing lane also ends at the top of the hill, but this time I was in the left lane so he started forcing me towards the rock wall at the side of the road, so again I had to floor it. It is lucky that a VR4 has more balls than a piece of **** ford XR8.

Then on the way home from work today a guy in a Toyota Hiace (my guess a 1985-87 model) pulled up beside me at the lights and tried to race me. The guy must have been on drugs or something.

Are the drivers this bad in the rest of the country???

bradc
03-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't think anyone understands passing lanes at all, that doesn't explain that particularly bad behaviour though.

Lucky you had more power than the XR8 though.

Tonight I was just about forced off the road by a truck, I was coming up the Bombays on the north side of the mountain, going south. There was a truck doing about 60kmh in the slow lane, and one truck behind him doing virtually the same speed. This is in the section with 3 lanes, and about 200m ahead it merges into 2 lanes. I was about 50m behind the two trucks, and I was in the fast lane because I had just passed another car. I was doing about 105kmh.

The second truck puts his indicator on and goes straight across into the fast lane. There was no way I could slow down in time, the only place I could go was the middle lane, which I went into, and floored it to avoid being squeezed in between the trucks.

As I was doing that I opened my sunroof and gave the fingers to the truck driver out of the sunroof. It was at about 6:30, so there was plenty of light around, and I had my foglights on too.

i3ooyah
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
i hate dickheads that go slow and then speed up as soon as theres a passing lane, aaargggghhhhh

Kenneth
03-10-2005, 10:10 PM
I honestly believe it is safer to be doing 150+. that way you just swing around them in seconds before they have time to ramp up.