PDA

View Full Version : My car dont sound too good ?

SGHOM
04-10-2005, 10:09 PM
:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

I've just been letting it tick over for the past hour or so, getting rid of all the unwanted fuel ! :thumbsup: & occasionally revving it.

above 5000/5500 RPM, there is a definite misfire going on ? /Hmmm tried it several times, & it does not sound too well at them revs. :embarasse I'm hoping it's just because it's been stood for a while & not been out on the road.

sh!tty plugs ??? or something more sinister ? /Hmmm :inquisiti

Kieran
04-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Loose NOS nozzle inlet - That looked well dodgy on Sunday.

Or, the ECU has forgotten it's settings.

Or, it needs a stretch.

Or, because you've no air filter on the car, and the MAF is getting too turbulent a signal to work properly.

Or, there's a vaccum pipe loose somewhere.

psbarham
04-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Loose NOS nozzle inlet - That looked well dodgy on Sunday.

Or, the ECU has forgotten it's settings.

Or, it needs a stretch.

Or, because you've no air filter on the car, and the MAF is getting too turbulent a signal to work properly.

Or, there's a vacuum pipe loose somewhere.
i agree with most of the above especially the nos nozzle inlet , get some silicon round it asap

SGHOM
04-10-2005, 10:19 PM
i agree with most of the above especially the nos nozzle inlet , get some silicon round it asap
I think it wants a bit more than silicon !! /yes A bit of araldite, or summat, should do the trick.
the hole is now larger than the insert, so the nozzles have a mind of their own as to which way they are pointing ! :embarasse :embarasse tomorrows job............ not now.

enigma
05-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Look at your turbosmart and see what vaccum you have at idle, this is a sure indication whether you have a leak or not.

Eurospec
05-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Odd that it only happens in the higher revs. Given that it idles nicely i would have thought that it was more likely an ignition related issue, or possibly fuel delivery.

By the way do these cars not have a drain on the tank like most mitsi's do? Often you just whip out the 12mm bolt and let all the petrol run out into a funel and then can. If you want to be super neat about it you can even pull the bung and replace it with a banjo bolt and a length of fuel line. That way you can direct it into a can with no risk of contamination or spillage.

Get that 109 oct in there ready for Sunday!!

Cheers,

Ben.

BraindG
05-10-2005, 02:39 PM
mind games? :p

SGHOM
05-10-2005, 03:13 PM
mind games? :p
no. not mind games........... problems. /yes :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse /help

Wouter
05-10-2005, 03:59 PM
no. not mind games........... problems. /yes :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse /help

Oh... NO!!!!!

I hope you can still make it!!