PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 V6 Manual Gearbox

habbers
05-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, mine is for sale, It is undamged as such but has a worn input shaft/bearings, ideal candidate for a rebuild.

I do not know what it is worth TBH so looking for around £ 120.00 ono, happy to deliver within 30 miles of northampton and take an offer on it! :)

zentac
05-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Hold on in the other thread you said that

I have located and newer box with 42K miles on it for
£ 300.00 + Vat and that includes shipping and 6 months warranty.

and that

My old gearbox will be avaliable. I have thought about getting it rebuilt and selling it on but it is all time, money, space and hastle none of which i have or need. I have been advised it could be around £ 300.00 - 400.00 to rebuild the old box but it could take a couple of weeks (for parts) I would rather my old gearbox went to benefit someone else who need one - at a price of course!

So if your box cost £352.50 inc vat with 6 months warranty and it will cost £3-400 to repair your old one then theoretically its worth nothing. I offered you £50 for it via PM yesterday which means it would cost me somewhere in the region of £450 to get the box up and running. I will stretch to £75 but thats my final offer. If you can deliver it to the Ibis on Saturday.

habbers
05-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi there, replied to your other thread.

IMHO a recon gearbox is worth a lot more that a secondhand unit with no history, yes the s/h it has a warranty but even so it is not recon just used.

I need a gearbox right now as we are only running one car at the moment. i was told to expect a two week wait to get mine reconned so this is not realy an option as i need a hire car for two weeks as stated previously.

As for the maths bit s/h £ 352 incl vat

Mine say £ 100.00 to buy
Recon £ 500.00
Value est £ 700-800.00 reconnd with a warranty
Profit £ 200-300 if sold reconn'd

Do i want the hastle and to invest in a gearbox i do not need as such - not really, as you stated there are people who want this type of gearbox and others state they are rare so selling it seems like a realistic option.

I appreciate you offer and assuming it still stands then £ 75.00 cash would do nicely and happy to pop over the the IBIS at some stage.

Assuming someomne does not offer me 'big bucks' in the mean time and i will not be holding my breath :)