PDA

View Full Version : Would these fit ?

caishanvr4
05-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I have a few questions in which the answers would determine my next purchases... /help

Is it possible that the evo 4 full interior (seats only) will fit in my galant without any problems ?

Would these evo 6 brembo's fit & How easy difficult to fit ?

What would you choose HKS super power flow or the apex power intake.

Cheers

I hope the pickies have come out :embarasse

bernmc
05-10-2005, 10:16 PM
The EVO front seats should fit. I don't think the rears will - they're not split/folding either.
The brembos will only fit if your 98 is a late 98 - ie post facelift. Only way around this is to change your hub carriers and ABS sensors (see my saga in the wheels, tyres & brakes section).
No idea about the intakes, but personally, I think you get almost the same benefit from a simple K&N replcement panel filter. There was a review on one of the FTO sites comparing all of these things... possibly zentac's?

caishanvr4
05-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Cheers bernmc

my galant is a 98 post facelift so im hoping i wont get the same saga youve had with yours, i hope you get it all sorted soon. My seats are'nt split/folding either /Hmmm
in regards to the air filters its more a visual thing then it seems. Do they sell the panel filters on ebay, do i need a certain serial no. or something :inquisiti

Kenneth
05-10-2005, 11:05 PM
If your car is post facelift, I think the brakes go straight on. I am not sure about compatibility with stock disks though, as I think the EVO disks are bigger.

My 97 Galant VRG didn't have fold down rear seats eithier, so you might be ok there.

You can also get a ralliart panel filter which is a 3 layer sponge filter. Still don't know if its supposed to be dry or oiled, but is running dry on my car.

ghanda
06-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Interesting. I had to get Recaro Subframes for my Evo 6 seats

bernmc
06-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Interesting. I had to get Recaro Subframes for my Evo 6 seats
Yes, you do need the subframes.

The brembo's are a piece of p to fit to a post-facelift car, but you will need the bigger 330mm discs.

Part no for the K&N panel filter is KN-33-2794 - Got mine from www.filternuts.com (http://www.filternuts.com/) who were the cheapest delivered I could find at the time. Mr Voodoo here promised to get us some prices but never came back to us, so I don't know what happened there.