PDA

View Full Version : wheel bearings

dexdaw
05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi all, my 2001 galant is making some droning, bearing type noises. Does anyone know if you can buy bearings individually or if you have to buy the complete hub assembly. If so, does anyone know the cheapest place to get them from.
Cheers :chugchug:

Paul Beazer
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
If you do a search for wheel bearing i believe you will find the answer you require. Just did one of mine!

Or if you cant be bothered to look, £180 for a new hub. Replacing the bearings only is a bit of a spesh job and nobody here has managed to do it yet. I think its a case of a test sample required first.
Anyway have a searcharoonie.

Quad Al
10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I changed my n/s front bearing last week. :drummer: :guitarist :beerbang: :guitarist :drummer:

LOOK IN UK CHAT,
TITLE "NOISY FRONT WHEEL BEARING"
All the cotact info' is there. you will save yourself some wonga. It is possible to do it yourself... because I did. :smug:

If you do a search for wheel bearing i believe you will find the answer you require. Just did one of mine!

Or if you cant be bothered to look, £180 for a new hub. Replacing the bearings only is a bit of a spesh job and nobody here has managed to do it yet. I think its a case of a test sample required first.
Anyway have a searcharoonie.