PDA

View Full Version : Alarm..

You See
06-10-2005, 08:28 AM
...well my F'ken uniden's given up on me...time for a new one...anyone knows of a place that would do a decent unit for a decent price, preferably around Manukau-ish area.
Apart from the standard features I'm looking for the following:
Dual Immobilisers
Auto window wind up (4 windows)
Boot Release
2 internal piso sirens
Glass Break Sensor
Multi channel remote to operate a garage door
Tilt Sensor
PIR Sensor
Pager with vibra alert
Voice arm/disarm rather than the standard beep-beep?? (I know Excalibur used to do this, but no one do them anymore)

You See
08-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Ok, since no one's willing to help me on this! /grr
This is what I'm getting a quote for:
Mongoose 5 Star Alarm
Back up electronic battery
Triple immobiliser
At least 2 internal screamer sirens
Auto Window roll up
Boot release
Tilt sensor
Dual microwave sensor
Glass sensor
Voice arm/disarm

...Opinions? Anything else I should consider?

_simon_
08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Dynatron D7800

Or a real alarm
Selca Cat 1 Thatcham but it doesn't have a Turbo Timer interface so that's why I went for the D7800

You See
08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I was talking to the guys at Kiwi Performance, they didn't recommend Dynatron at all, they said something in the lines of Dynatron having one of the highest theft rates.

...Selca is meant to be one of the top end units, but they didn't mention anything bout it...hhmmm

Also looking at G.P.S options.

_simon_
09-10-2005, 11:09 AM
I was talking to the guys at Kiwi Performance, they didn't recommend Dynatron at all, they said something in the lines of Dynatron having one of the highest theft rates.

Sounds like marketing mobo jumbo to me. Do they keep records of what alarms stolen cars have?
I'd say that most of the 5 star alarms are probably of a similar quality (unless you go for something special like the Selca) and the quality of the install would be the biggest factor.

I also quite like Mongoose just decided to go for something different this time.

ShadyNZer
09-10-2005, 11:44 AM
hate my mongoose lol, bloody thing goes off all the time, especially late at night like 2 or 3...either someones tryin to take it or its sensors are bloody more sensitive than a clit...

i3ooyah
09-10-2005, 11:50 AM
turn the sensitivity down

ShadyNZer
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
fuk knows how to do that....

dickytim
09-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Actually most people I know would go for a dynatron, as for GPS tracking one dad has one in his Sub can't tell you how it goes the car hasn't been stolen, I do know however that when we disconect the battery we get a text and it shows where the car is on the internet. Shady that is a set up problem, a lot of installers set the alarms up too sensitive or don't set them up properly at all, I have had a cat jump onto my windscreen right next to the glass break sensor and there wasn't a peep out of it, if you hit the windscreen with your hand or a blast of water from the hose then it will go off, the only other time it goes off is when we have really heavy rain, and it has to be bucketing down.

OSiRiS
09-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I got a Dynatron GPS system in my car. Inbuilt turbo timer blah blah.

Never ever had a fault with it. Never falses, only goes off if the car is actually being stolen or broken into.

GPS is great too, when I log into the interface it gives me 2 maps, one showing what city the car is in, then the next is a zoomed in close up of what street including which direction, speed if moving, how long car has been running etc.

Gives me the option to sound the siren, disable car, turn lights on/off, sound horn, lock/unlock doors etc. etc.

I've ONLY had Dynatron in my cars. In my old skool VR4 (very hot property for theives) it had 2 break ins. Both times the theif knew what he was doing (fully stripped ignition, sterring column etc.) but didn't get anywhere due to the twin immobilizers delaying him enough for a bystander to chase him away. When I got to the car, once I disabled the alamr I could start the car with my finger nail in the ignition switch :inquisiti :rolleyes4 :-policema

jaimz
10-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey dudes,
I've got a Dynatron D7800 too.
I'm not an alarm guru, but I am realy happy with it. No break ins... no sensitive tilt... and pretty much any add on features you can think of, so aaaall good.

I was told that the Dynatrons are one of the best systems... but as a result, everyone bought them and so the thieves have learnt how to beat them I guess.

You See
10-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks for your opinion guys...should be getting a quote sometime within the next coupla days, then will decide which option's the best.

It seems like G.P.S is worth the $$$.

_simon_
10-10-2005, 12:04 PM
How much is the GPS and what's the on going costs?

You See
10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I'll post up my quote once I get it....
I know A1Security do Tracelink for $995+installation+GST.

ShadyNZer
10-10-2005, 09:17 PM
cool, wouldnt mind upgradin my alarm system, livin in rewa makes me paranoid...

i3ooyah
11-10-2005, 12:40 AM
yeah dude, your car is for all to see :P

i think everyone should get a 4door shaved door handle kit
1. it looks fukn mean
2. its a pretty cool security feature when you can disengage the outside and inside door handles.

the only problem is people see the $600ish price tag and think thats to much when you should be thinking hmmmmm good for security and shaved door handles look good :P ps. i havnt got one but im looking into it.