Shouldn't need to. It's RF and doesn't need a line of sight. :happy:

SGHOM
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
uh do i have to point it at anything?
the microwave ! /yes

Bal
08-10-2005, 01:11 PM
thanks guys ... have fun at the pod.

when you get back i should have pics of my baby all dent free with a nice lovely reverse parking camera in her ass.

took her out for a play yesterday to try it out but the body shop guys forgot to do one scratch so shes back with them now. the camera is awesome through the screen. so much fun racing people and watching them disappear or drag it past me ....

oxford car body repairs ... awesome job as always.

B

Bal
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
uh the pressing of both buttons didnt work.

im sure i remember someone telling me theres more to it. like u have to set ur key in the ignition to a certain setting or something.

Nick Mann
10-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm sure there is a manual in the members section somewhere.

The ignition needs to be on, but I can't remember what else you need to do.

Jimbo
10-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Wow, I was about to post the same thing......here, I've just figured it out.

Firstly, before you even start check that that the pressing of one of the radio buttons actually makes the little red LED "pulse" - if it just comes on, it won't work. This happened the first two "spare" batteries I tried, I'm guessing they didn't have enough juice?

Step 2.....completely disarm the car. For me this involved unlocking it and touching the prongy thing in the sensor. This should make the red LED by the ignition go out.

Step 3....turn the ignition to the 2nd marker.

Step 4.....press the prongy thing into the recepticlely thing.....if you've done the first few steps correctly you'll have the red LED near the ignition come on (and stay on).

Step 5....hold down BOTH radio buttons....after 10 seconds the flashing red led on the radio key goes out.

Step 6. Press the bigger of the two radio buttons - it should make the ignition LED go out momentarily.

Step 7.....turn off the ignition, remove the key....and hey presto!!

Do I get a prize?

psbarham
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Wow, I was about to post the same thing......here, I've just figured it out.

Firstly, before you even start check that that the pressing of one of the radio buttons actually makes the little red LED "pulse" - if it just comes on, it won't work. This happened the first two "spare" batteries I tried, I'm guessing they didn't have enough juice?

Step 2.....completely disarm the car. For me this involved unlocking it and touching the prongy thing in the sensor. This should make the red LED by the ignition go out.

Step 3....turn the ignition to the 2nd marker.

Step 4.....press the prongy thing into the recepticlely thing.....if you've done the first few steps correctly you'll have the red LED near the ignition come on (and stay on).

Step 5....hold down BOTH radio buttons....after 10 seconds the flashing red led on the radio key goes out.

Step 6. Press the bigger of the two radio buttons - it should make the ignition LED go out momentarily.

Step 7.....turn off the ignition, remove the key....and hey presto!!

Do I get a prize?
no ,coz it don't work , i can only get one or the other to work but not both :embarasse

Jimbo
11-10-2005, 04:26 PM
One or the other what? Fobs?

It's got an inbuilt security mechanism programmed within that procedure - once you've finished programming your fob(s), all the others are forgotten forever.

What you need to do is repeat steps 5 and 6 for both your fobs before you do step 7.

Jimbo
11-10-2005, 04:29 PM
After I worked all this out last night I realised Nick had posted before me and referenced the user manual in the library! There was me thinking I had solved the meaning of life or something!!

psbarham
11-10-2005, 04:31 PM
One or the other what? Fobs?

It's got an inbuilt security mechanism programmed within that procedure - once you've finished programming your fob(s), all the others are forgotten forever.

What you need to do is repeat steps 5 and 6 for both your fobs before you do step 7.
ok you win the smart arse of the day award , it worked this time :thumbsup:

Jimbo
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
ok you win the smart arse of the day award , it worked this time :thumbsup:

Yayyyy! :thumbsup:

Bal
13-10-2005, 05:07 PM
uhhh what prongy thing you talking about??? i dont have no prongy thing ...

Jimbo
13-10-2005, 11:58 PM
You don't have a prongy thing? /JawDroppi

But!? But?! But!?! How on earth are you managing to start your car at the moment if you haven't got a working fob, OR a prongy thing?

I thought everybody had a prongy thing?!?!

I have two of them. /Nuuu

/Hmmm This probably isn't helping, is it? Ok...new rule, no more posting when inebriated.

Bal
14-10-2005, 11:38 AM
what the ...

ok let's start from teh beginning. I have an alarm fob but want to programme a new one.

sh1t now im getting concerned, i think i might pop down to the mitsi garage downstairs.

i have one working fob, i now want to sort out a replacement.

yaa.

B

Bal
14-10-2005, 11:40 AM
one sec, two prongy things ... are these prongy things specific to each car?

Jimbo
14-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Bal, the Elite III alarm system uses a key fob for normal entry, but in cases where the battery dies you can still gain access using the key and then silence the alarm and un-immobilise the car using a touch key that should have come with each fob when the car was new - everyone with a UK Mitsubishi fitted with the Elite III alarm should have two fobs and two touch keys, unless they've been lost by a previous owner.

The touch key is pressed into a recepticle on the underside of the dashboard, just to the right of the ignition.

If you still don't know what I'm talking about, you almost definitely haven't got any touch keys and therefore you cannot reprogram your fobs yourself, you'll have to go to a Mitsi dealership.

Hope this helps.... also see here:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3803

Bal
14-10-2005, 05:54 PM
yep i figured this one ... cheers jimbo.

lucky for me the co-op owns a mitsi dealer which is actually right underneath my feet. so u know where im going on sat.

Big Ian
15-10-2005, 08:49 AM
i found that for some mad reason or another :rolleyes4 ....i could only have one fobe working at the one time?? i had to re-program mine, which i done easy enough /yes ...then re-programed the spare ..... :thumbsup: job done, i thought! as i went to close the car with the first re-programed fobe....ehh! nuffin but the second (spare) worked :rolleyes4 ...re-did the programed the first and..... /pan then the spare didn't work! :embarasse

I-S
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Jimbo -

First off, thank you for the step-by-step. Worked perfectly!

On the batteries... Lithium "coin" cell batteries are a bit notorious for this. What happens is that the finger grease that gets on them when handling them. You need to clean the contacts inside the fob, and polish the battery on a clean piece of cloth, which you then use to put it in (no fingers!).

If the LED comes solid when you put the battery in, press first the larger button switch, then the smaller and it should go off, then it is ready for programming.