PDA

View Full Version : F/S: Rear strut brace

p1_
09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
spotted on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-37653679.htm

i3ooyah
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
nice find

just wanted to add that this will do next to nothing on the street

marmel31
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Buy now $500 for what looks like $50 of metal??? I'm sure any engineering shop would make one for $100. Am I maybe missing something here? Does it have some sort of fancy internals? :inquisiti

-LegnumVR4-
09-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I think that mounts to the floor judging by the hump in the bar. Something to trip over i guess :inquisiti

Pete M
10-10-2005, 04:26 AM
I would have thought that a brace between the two strut towers behind the back seat would be more useful. I can't really see what this is supposed to do, unless the floor is so thin that it is wrinkling. It attaches to the bottom of the B pillars, but are they strengthened in some way? Otherwise they are just sheet metal too. Looks like a show-off mod to me.

AllBeItMine
10-10-2005, 05:55 AM
a mate of mine is selling it.

he's not sure what its worth but stumbled apon it and he doesn't have a VR so its no use to him.

if your interested - let me know and i can pass on any offers to him from you guys.

bradc
10-10-2005, 07:19 AM
I'm with marmel and pete on this one, it looks like it is worth $100 at most.

AllBeItMine
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I would have thought that a brace between the two strut towers behind the back seat would be more useful. I can't really see what this is supposed to do, unless the floor is so thin that it is wrinkling. It attaches to the bottom of the B pillars, but are they strengthened in some way? Otherwise they are just sheet metal too. Looks like a show-off mod to me.

haha - i like the way you condem the mod to be a useless "Show Off" when half the stuff we do on our cars is for that exact purpose.

somebody explain to me why having a brace (behind the drivers seats where no one can see it) is more of a show off mod than having twin exit exhaust system?

p1_
11-10-2005, 12:15 AM
It would be an interesting exercise to see what difference front, middle and rear upper braces make? Anyone done this??

I have a lower front and that makes a huge difference on turn-in and body roll.

/Steeringw /Steeringw /Steeringw /Steeringw /Steeringw

i3ooyah
11-10-2005, 12:35 AM
the only way you can tell that is if you take it on a track

you must do some spirited driving on the street p1 :P