PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! Vr4 350+ Bhp succeded

Andre
11-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Ye guys i have finally got time to post my recent mods or things done to the car.

To date 10th October 2005

Ye, The stock vr4 is a very good and fast beast, but i have been interested in reaching the highest horsepower possible with out changing engine internals at the safest point .

The mods all done by me are as follows :
1) 13psi with the use of a greddy profec b (on stock turbos)
2) The use of a greddy e-manage to controll the extra fuel and ignition adjustments needed to run safely and properly.
3)custom made stainless steel piping for the intercooler plumbing.
4)custom aluminum intake box .
5)aftermarket spearco intercooler.
6)Ground kit for three coil packs
7)Hks SSQ BOV
8) 3inch cat back exhaust
9)performance oil cooler to keep transmission cool under hard working conditions.
10)Intercooler water spray
11) Fuel pressure regulator
12) Wide sensor kit to monitor the AR

hopefully the are more to come

Andre
11-10-2005, 04:06 AM
this is a pic of the current engine bay set up.
These mods have resulted in massive horsepower increase and great increase in speed. The horse power increase has cause various parts such as engine mounts to become week very quickly and there fore i have made solid rubber mounts to with stand to power this has resulted in and excellent positive acceleration increase.
Hopefully soon i will get more hp when i install water injection and a couple other little goodies.

bradc
11-10-2005, 04:19 AM
how exactly have you measured the hp? on a dyno? it sounds like you've done a reasonable amount of work, and I think you'd be in the 350hp range. I like your airbox in particular.

Andre
11-10-2005, 04:21 AM
One of the main reason i am able to achieve this is by the use of Vp racing fuels with an octane rating of 112 which allowed me me to run a safe yet effcient advanced ignition curve to a certain extent.

Andre
11-10-2005, 04:37 AM
ye i went on a dyno to acheive this

bradc
11-10-2005, 05:41 AM
how much power did you have at the wheels? could you provide a dyno chart?

ako
11-10-2005, 07:27 AM
But the guesswork-o-meter works so well! :p

Allegedly my last 2L VR4 had 360 crank hp (on avgas), that was worked out weight - vs - 1/4 mile time/trap speed. At the wheels figures are waaaaay too much guesswork to try and figure out what it actually is at the fly - there's people on here I've seen lately who reckon their stock, 8 year old car is making MORE than factory quoted power, on crap NZ fuel to boot.

IIII dont think so :)

Dyno chart could still be interesting though.

Quail
12-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Very nice car, my dad says VR4s and Evos are really popular on the Islands! Love your Airbox

Andre
15-10-2005, 07:25 AM
ye de air box i did my self it has a cooling chamber inside of it to hold ice water to keep cool for very short runs. i got to get de dyno chart load dad is all now?

bradc
15-10-2005, 09:18 PM
yes, we'll definately interested in the dyno chart ;)