PDA

View Full Version : Hi

V6Dan
11-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I always hate making introductory posts, but hey ho!

I'm Dan, from Hampshire. Which is nice. I've always had Rovers since I passed my driving test, and always felt they were great cars for the money. My Rover ownership culminated in a black 220 Turbo Coupe - see exhibit a...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/danwilkie/Rover/DSCN0496.jpg

For the first year everything was fine and dandy, and then things did, alas, start going wrong. 1 year, 3 gearboxes, 2 engines and an alternator later, I've finally decided that, inspite of the fact its exceptionally quick, alas I'm prepared to give up on it, so I've decided to put it up for sale as soon as the current batch of problems are fixed. Now of course, this left me in somewhat of a spot, since I need a car for work. I was looking at Vauxhall Omega's, and then on the offchance found my true calling on Autotrader, just one mile from home. Behold.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/danwilkie/Galant/Front.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/danwilkie/Galant/Rear.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/danwilkie/Galant/Interior1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/danwilkie/Galant/Interior2.jpg

Its a 1998 V6-24, first registered in August 2000. Its got full leather, CD changer, climate control, heated seats, heated electric mirrors, etc etc etc. The drive is absolutely superb, and the sound is amazing :)

It does have a few negative points. I think a wheel sensor has gone for the ABS and so its bypassed itself at the moment, and also it makes a ticking noise when its rolling (in drive, neutral, or any gear) unless you're on the brakes, which leads me to believe it may well be a warped disk since there's the tiniest shudder if you brake. Also, the rear bumper looks like it could do with some touching up, but thats it. Other than that it is absolutely perfect, which makes the price I paid for it even more unbelievable.

£1300. £1300 for a car with more toys than my house! :o

Wouter
11-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi and welcome! :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
11-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I guess the V6 feels slow after your 220 turbo!

Welcome. Good price for a high spec car in good condition. Hope you enjoy your stay!

psbarham
11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
hello and welcome , nice car mate , the best colour aswell :thumbsup: (sit back and waits for the /grr to start) and as for the price , bobby bargin :thumbsup: warped brake discs are very common , its normally caused by a sticky caliper, as for the abs , find your nearest mitsu dealer and then run as fast as you can away from it unless you are a type of mutant that has a spare arm and leg that is :inquisiti your best bet is a PM to Mo (zedy1 ) he is our resident galant spares guru /yes , hope this rambling makes some sort of sense :rolleyes4

V6Dan
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
It makes perfect sense :p I've got a man who can who's going to take a look and suss which sensor it is for me :p I like the colour, still not sure whether I'd have preferred black though ;)

And Nick, it does feel slower than the turbo, but nowhere near as slow as I was expecting... And if you bury the loud pedal once its rolling it picks up surprisingly quickly...

Paul Beazer
11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
What sort of mileage has it got? Im assuming for that sort of price its quite high?
Check service history, and if in any doubt get the cambelt changed (should be replaced every 54k)
Other than that not much to check out. If the ATF is a bit dirty its worth getting that done. See Kierans article in the member's section.
Oh? Nont a member? £20 will change that. Well worth it for the mine of information contained within (not to mention the jokes, p*ss taking and car info!)
Enjoy your car. :thumbsup:

V6Dan
11-10-2005, 10:48 PM
90k, so not TOO high... Its got full history and as far as I can see had the cam belt done at a main dealer in April. Which is nice.

As for the membership front, I fully intend to sign up as soon as the shop is working, since I don't have a cheque book ;)

One of these modern people you see :p

Kieran
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
90k, so not TOO high... Its got full history and as far as I can see had the cam belt done at a main dealer in April. Which is nice.

As for the membership front, I fully intend to sign up as soon as the shop is working, since I don't have a cheque book ;)

One of these modern people you see :p

Heh! You can use Paypal too, if that's more your thing! :thumbsup:

Welcome to Club VR-4. /yes

Paul Beazer
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM

Bloody hell! Sounds like you got yerself a bargain! Might be worth getting it checked out fully, seems really cheap! And im jealous!

V6Dan
12-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh don't worry, I am ;)

As far as I can tell though, a badly colour matched rear bumper, a warped disk, and a dodgy ABS sensor are the only things wrong with it. So I'm happy :p

Kieran - I couldn't see anything about paypal? Is it on the mainpage? If it is, I'll pay now :p

V6Dan
12-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Ah ha, a quick search and all becomes clear /pan

wirdy
12-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the fold Dan. :thumbsup:

Your Rover picture looks just like one of my favourite spots just outside Blackpool.......am I right???

V6Dan
12-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Not even a little bit close :p

Its Exmouth, in Devon. Its a really nice drive headed out that way from Crediton, so as I'd just washed the car I felt like going out for a drive!

Really suited to the Rover around there because its nice tight corners which the TorSen diff and Koni's love :p

wirdy
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Not even a little bit close :p

Oh well :embarasse

The Vee
13-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Welcome to you Dan, good to see another V6-24 in the fleet!
and in a second choice colour /grr /grr

Kieran
13-10-2005, 08:13 AM

Yeah, shame it's not Hamilton Silver.... /grr /grr /grr

psbarham
13-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Welcome to you Dan, good to see another V6-24 in the fleet!
don't start or i'll be round yours with a bucket of lincolnshires finest mud , and the same goes for kieren, now you've set him off as well /pan

The Vee
13-10-2005, 11:55 AM
don't start or i'll be round yours with a bucket of lincolnshires finest mud , and the same goes for kieren, now you've set him off as well /pan

heh heh knew you wouldn't be long :thumbsup:

V6Dan
13-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Well I like the colour, so there :p

Don't make me start banging heads together... :p