PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

vampirej
11-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Hello,

Newbie here, hope everyone's well.
Joined a few days ago, but could not post, but thanks to Pete who sorted it out for me.
I currently drive a Civic Type R (EP3) but am looking to sell the car and go for something that I have always liked (yes, you guessed it, the VR-4).
I had a GLSi about 8 years ago but back then, I have always praised the VR-4 but can't afford one... let alone insuring one.
I'm looking to import one myself from Japan, but would like to know the price range if I want to look for one in this country, and more so, where?
It appears to be extremely difficult to find a non-legnum VR-4 in this country, even in Japan... Does anyone know where I could find some examples?

Thanks,

Vamp

Nick Mann
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Welcome!

Your best bet to find UK cars is with a national search on autotrader and the for sale section of this site.

If you want to import then you need to find an agent or deal with an auction house direct. One link which makes the cars easy to find is:

http://japanusedcar.net/auction/group_list.php?maker=MITSUBISHI

Good luck in your search.

vampirej
11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks for that... I did a National search and found lots... all within the price range, ideally just below 6k. As these are pre-facelift version, do they come with Recaro seats? What if I want to change the steering wheel to a facelife version? Are they hard to get hold of and is it easy to fit?

Nick Mann
11-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Pre-facelifts do not have recaros. Unless your name is Barry or it is a Super VR4 (either of these is rare!).

Most VR4's have the Nardi Torino wheel, but the recaro models have a Momo. They are interchangeable if you can find one.

BraindG
11-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Pre-facelifts do not have recaros. Unless your name is Barry or it is a Super VR4 (either of these is rare!).

:smug:

vampirej
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
LOL... thanks.
I will be able to find the steering wheel without too much of a problem tbh... how easy is it to interchange?