PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

marsh
13-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Thinking of parting company with my VR4 to enable me to go racing more next year, however I've no idea of what it's value is.

1997 Legnum VR4 estate, good condition, 70,00miles (55000 in KM's), plenty of bills and 12 months MOT + 6 months ticket.

What can I hope to get for it? :inquisiti

michaeli
13-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Manual or Auto?

Last service? Cambelt done yet?

These are all factors... but generally between £5K and £7K
It's the wrong time of year to be selling really...

Kieran
13-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Manual or Auto?

Last service? Cambelt done yet?

These are all factors... but generally between £5K and £7K
It's the wrong time of year to be selling really...

I think £5,000 - £7,000 is a little on the high side myself. I would err towards £5k unless it's ultra-ultra neat and tidy and you don't mind waiting for the right buyer.

That said, I could be talking moo-poo. If you could post a piccie and fill in the blanks, we'll be able to give a more accurate estimate ;)

marsh
13-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Cam belt done last year, oil chaned last month, Auto box fluid flushed and changed last week. Could do with a proper service for the perfectionist, but it's had new tyres within three months, and is in sound working order.

Oh and the dump valve was changed last month too. I was thinking of £4k tbh as that would get me what I need.

5K would be nicer though :D

michaeli
13-10-2005, 09:03 PM
£4K quick sale, £5K wait a while...

Jimbo
13-10-2005, 11:38 PM
£4000 for a twin-turbo masterpiece......it's almost sad they're so clearly unloved by the Parkers/Whatcar market guides.

Good for buyers! :happy:

Sad for this sentimental Galant worshipper :(

Kieran
13-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Sad for this sentimental Galant worshipper :(

Oh, don't.

Mind you, I was chuffed to bits that mine cost less than £4K.... With Moo-Cow interior and everything!.... :thumbsup: Now of course, I'm gutted that the best car I've ever owned is worth about two groats and a turnip to a buyer :embarasse .

Oh well, I suppose I'll keep it then!! /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /yes /Devil5

Jimbo
13-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Now of course, I'm gutted that the best car I've ever owned is worth about two groats and a turnip to a buyer :embarasse

Hey this gives me an idea.....if things carry on like this I may be in a position to buy every last surviving VR4 in the UK before the decade is out using only spare 20p pieces cunningly saved in a comedy-sized bottle of Bells !!!!

Mwuh-ha-ha!!! :evil2:

Brunty
13-10-2005, 11:45 PM
.....I was chuffed to bits that mine cost less than £4K.... With Moo-Cow interior and everything!....

Which explains why Nick shovels coal into a furnace instead of being the millionaire capitalist that his parents hoped for!!!! :embarasse

:thumbsup:

Brunty
13-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey this gives me an idea.....if things carry on like this I may be in a position to buy every last surviving VR4 in the UK before the decade is out using only spare 20p pieces cunningly saved in a comedy-sized bottle of Bells !!!!

200 cars and with three and a quarter working gearboxes - bargain!

{I'm drunk BTW}

Jimbo
13-10-2005, 11:49 PM
200 cars and with three and a quarter working gearboxes - bargain!

{I'm drunk BTW}

Me too....smashed in fact. I really shouldn't be posting, I'm a liability :chugchug:

Kieran
13-10-2005, 11:56 PM

Too late Jimbo!!...... :evil2:

Kieran
13-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Me too....smashed in fact. I really shouldn't be posting, I'm a liability :chugchug:

Can I join this club??................. Hic!! /pan :embarasse :chugchug:

Oh well, this bottle is empty now. Back to syphoning the screenwash out of Ariadne again then!! :embarasse

Jimbo
13-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Too late Jimbo!!...... :evil2:

Noooooooooo!!!!!!

Jimbo
14-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids /pan

Brunty
14-10-2005, 12:01 AM
When are we going drinking together instead of posting drunk you buncg of sad internerd dorks?

Iknow.......last weekend at Japfest /pan

Kieran
14-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh dear. Another potential 'For Sale' thread hijacked!! /grr /Hijack

Brunty
14-10-2005, 12:02 AM

dork

Jimbo
14-10-2005, 12:08 AM
dork

Haha! Thought I'd be too drunk to see a "darkslateblue" dork, did you!! /pan

Beer, yes! Soon. Often. Yes. Beer!

Oh dear. Another potential 'For Sale' thread hijacked!! /grr /Hijack

Oopps, yes....got carried away there. Sorry marsh :embarasse

Brunty
14-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Oh and the dump valve was changed last month too. I was thinking of £4k tbh as that would get me what I need.

5K would be nicer though :D

Would have thought you'd get that OK - depending on acceptable condition. Good luck and sorry for spoiling your thread :thumbsup:

Brunty
14-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Marsh > when and where did you get your mauve VR4? They're pretty unusual you know.

marsh
14-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I got it last year from those cowboys at Kieghley trade centre, hence the big pile of bills making sure it doesn't pop on me. So far so good. I just can't live with the fuel bills when I go racing, I'll go from the Legnum to a 20v fiat coupe blower for my daily runner, and a coal burning (insert nasty common mass produced estate vehicle here) affair for when I need to go racing.

Shame.

I was walking across the car park thinking how much presence the car had only 20 minutes ago.

I could just get a coal burning (insert nasty common mass produced estate vehicle here) as well and keep the legnum perhaps..........

Wish me luck, I'm about to take on the wife. :|

enigma
14-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Wish me luck, I'm about to take on the wife. :|

Do you need a hand?

:sombrero:

marsh
14-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Do you need a hand?

:sombrero:

Judging by your mod list you could be just the man.

Oh hang on, you meant that type of hand...... /help

marsh
15-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Hells, teeth!, the coupe would cost the same to insure as the Legnum. I'll be keeping it and stop being quite so generous with my right foot!.