PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Evo 5/6 Recaros in a VR4

Caveman
14-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Guys,

I am close to buying a facelift VR4, but it has the nasty velour interior which I can't stand. What I wanna do, is fit Evo 5 or 6 Recaro seats in the front and then get the lot retrimmed in leather. I am concerned though that I'll get compatibility issues with the rails and subframe on the old and new seats.

Has anyone retrofitted Evo seats into their Leggie, or does anyone know what I'll need to do to get them in? Can I just mount the Evo seats on the existing VR4 assembly, or will I need to modify the rails/subframe?

Be grateful for any help.

Cheers,

Mart.

ghanda
14-10-2005, 03:11 PM
You'll need a set of Recaro subrames at £130 each. Apart from that, plain sailing!

andy43
14-10-2005, 04:29 PM
If it's any use, I've bought a set of evo III recaro subframes - and they're not the same as the Galant rails - the outer rail is near enough the same, but the inner one is totally different. Seat belt mounts are right.
The later evos may be different again, not sure about that one tho' :rolleyes4
Still waiting for UPS to get their act together and get me my (vectra gsi) seats to me, I reckon some welding or similar butchery :leer: will be needed, maybe involving buying a pair of standard galant seats for the inner rails, to save cutting mine up /Hmmm
If you get to the retrimming point quicker than I do, I'd be interested in how much it costs you - I've been quoted about £300 to do the two seats... evo ones with the built-in tombstone headrests are cheaper to trim as the trimmer will most likely already have a pattern for his cutting machine.

ghanda
14-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm actually taking a different route - having my back seats and door cards re-trimmed to match my black/blue Recaros :)
The benefit is I can deliver the bits to the guy. Just made an enquiry with Recaro as to getting hold of the Blue fabric - and it's hideously expensive - £48 a metre!! : eek:

Still, it'll be worth it ;)