PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brembos

bernmc
15-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Wouter & I had a :inquisiti at my rear brembo calipers today. I still only have the standard discs. The caliper mounts rub on the disc, and the offset doesn't seem quite right.
Those of you who've fitted these things - did you notice whether the EVO discs have a slightly different offset? Do your calipers sit very close to the disc?

In the end, we didn't fit mine - I think I'll hang on until I can afford the right discs :(

Jimbo
15-10-2005, 11:15 PM
It was a bugger getting the AP's on as well - the dust guards had to come off for starters, and then the bolts were a different size.

Still lined up ok after that though....mind you, yours is a pre-facelift so maybe the rears are different too?

bernmc
16-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Mo's got brembos on his pre-facelift, with VR4 discs, and I don't think Derek changed his rear hub carriers when he fitted his brembos. Mo said his made a noise for a while - I suspect that this might have been the caliper rubbing on this disk.

The std disc doesn't sit central in the caliper, and I was wondering if the EVO disc did on our cars.

matsondawson
16-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Off the top of my head I thought the evo rotor was thicker than the vr4 one, and it did sit non-central when I installed. But I believe the caliper mounts moved after a while because it is central now.

richy rich
16-10-2005, 05:03 PM
bern dont now the answer to your Q but if you need a hand fitting them give me a shout.

bernmc
16-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Ta lads. When I have some pesatas I'll get some discs...

Kieran
16-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm sure when we did Derek's car that the rears were just a straight swap? :inquisiti

bernmc
16-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm sure when we did Derek's car that the rears were just a straight swap? :inquisiti
But you put EVO rear discs on his. I was looking at using the twin pot calipers with my standard vr4 discs until I could get som EVO discs. I'm assuming the structure of the evo disc is slightly different in terms of offset...

Nick Mann
16-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I think the Evo disc is slightly different, but I didn't compare directly. It all sat nicely when I swapped it, but I never tried the G's discs with the brembos.