PDA

View Full Version : But is it art....

adam_shaw
16-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Hello all,

Been playing this morning with my new toy, a Wacom pad. (Yes, It's a wet Sunday in Singapore - I am bored :rolleyes4 )

I do quite a lot of illustration in the course of my work, but not wanting to mess around with something work based I took my Avatar, and attacked it with Fireworks. (Macromedia's paint program thing....)

Now, I know there are tools that can do this automatically but this has been done by hand, and I'm quite pleased with the result. :smug:

What do you think?

A

bernmc
16-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Hello all,

Been playing this morning with my new toy, a Wacom pad. (Yes, It's a wet Sunday in Singapore - I am bored :rolleyes4 )
I had one of these once - they're great. Takes a bit of getting used to after a mouse/trackball, but worth it in the end. Much better for graphics work :thumbsup:.

Which one do you have?

adam_shaw
16-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I picked up an Intuos3 - the A4 model.

You can see where I started (at the back) and when I really got the hang of the pressure thing (front and esp. headlights)

Sort of looks different half way through, not my first time with one of these - I had one a long time ago.... (back in the days of DeluxPaint)

A

Physician
16-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Sheesh Adam!! Singapore? Bored?

Get down to the Geylang district or Bugis Street area and have some fun! No need to partake ....... just LOOK lol ! You are not a typical Ang Moh!

Which hotel are you staying at?

adam_shaw
16-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Jet lagged is probably more like it... /pan (that's how my head feels)

I'm staying close to Orchard Road, I have another week to do the 'sights'

A