PDA

View Full Version : POst Facelift owners -PLEASE HELP!

bernmc
16-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Post facelift owners, I despeartely need your help! I'm stuck without ABS and AYC because I have prefacelift sensors in post facelift carriers. I need to get an idea of the length of the post facelift sensors so I can modify mine.

This will take you ten minutes!
Whip off a front wheel. The sensor sits at the back of the hub carrier - opposite to the brake caliper. If you peer around the back of the carrier, you should see the silver cylinder of the sensor poking towards the driveshaft. I need a rough idea of how much of the silver is poking out - 5mm? 10mm?

A quick squiz.

Please, please, please, please. I can modify my sensors, but I need to know how much!!!!:embarasse:embarasse:embarasse:embarasse:e mbarasse /Hmmm/Hmmm/Hmmm/Hmmm

PS. Put the front wheel back on when you're done:thumbsup:!

richy rich
16-10-2005, 05:12 PM
PS. Put the front wheel back on when you're done:thumbsup:!
/haz

Nick Mann
16-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Just got back from a weekend away. Can it wait a few days? If I get a chance at work I will have a look.

bernmc
16-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Just got back from a weekend away. Can it wait a few days? If I get a chance at work I will have a look.
Ta m8.

SGHOM
16-10-2005, 08:27 PM
It's all my fault. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
Sorry Bern, completely forgot, I'll do it in the morning before work. /yes :embarasse

Paul Beazer
16-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Typical doctor! Wants it done straight away and then only asks when its getting dark! /pan
If i'd know earlier i'd have had a skeggie, but wont be home in daylight until sat now. Im sure someone out there can help!

bernmc
16-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Typical doctor! Wants it done straight away and then only asks when its getting dark! /pan
If i'd know earlier i'd have had a skeggie, but wont be home in daylight until sat now. Im sure someone out there can help!
Aye. It was a bit late, but I'd spent the day rummaging about under the wheel arches, cutting up sensors and getting full of epoxy. In the end, guesswork was no good, so I need the right measurement :(

Derek is clearly still under the influence of certain substances imbibed following his Japshow success...:rolleyes4

Kieran
16-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Aye. It was a bit late, but I'd spent the day rummaging about under the wheel arches, cutting up sensors and getting full of epoxy. In the end, guesswork was no good, so I need the right measurement :(

Derek is clearly still under the influence of certain substances imbibed following his Japshow success...:rolleyes4

So, what's your cunning method for making the sensors longer then Bern?

bernmc
16-10-2005, 11:01 PM
So, what's your cunning method for making the sensors longer then Bern?
I'll put some pics up once I've edited them.../Hmmm

HJM
17-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Derek - is this going to be another set of second hand 4 pot Brembos which end up costing about the same as fitted 6 pot KADs but with 50 times the agro /Hmmm

tig202
17-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Bern, I have just measured mine (post facelift carriers on a pre lift car)
11.5 mm of sensor is protuding from the carrier with 11mm being the silver body of the sensor and 0.5mm being the pickups.

Hope this is of some use bro :thumbsup:

pezza
17-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Derek - is this going to be another set of second hand 4 pot Brembos which end up costing about the same as fitted 6 pot KADs but with 50 times the agro /Hmmm

Hmm I am interested in better brakes but yup heath this sounds like a loooong journey :-/

bernmc
17-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Bern, I have just measured mine (post facelift carriers on a pre lift car)
11.5 mm of sensor is protuding from the carrier with 11mm being the silver body of the sensor and 0.5mm being the pickups.

Hope this is of some use bro :thumbsup:
Ta tig -you are a star! A lot more sticking out than I expected. I'll be busy tomorrow...

bernmc
17-10-2005, 07:14 PM
The costs so far have been (bear in mind that this is front & rear brakes, not just fronts).

Front+Rear EVO calipers + front discs - £300
Caliper paint - £20
High temp Brembo decals -around £15 I think.
Braided Lines - around £50 (group buy here, can't remember exact amount)
Hub Carriers, allegedly with sensors ;) - £400
Disc cut - £70

Obviously, the sensors are no good as is, which none of us expected. Around £850 atm, if I have to get new sensors, another £80-90 each from extreme. If I can modify the sensors I have, I'll still be smiling.

AFIK the KADS will set you back £1300+ just for the fronts...?

It is definitely a lot of trouble to go to, but we're sad buggers that get a kick out of getting dirty!

If I did it all again..... I'd probably get some KADS!

psbarham
17-10-2005, 07:16 PM
The costs so far have been (bear in mind that this is front & rear brakes, not just fronts).

Front+Rear EVO calipers + front discs - £300
Caliper paint - £20
High temp Brembo decals -around £15 I think.
Braided Lines - around £50 (group buy here, can't remember exact amount)
Hub Carriers, allegedly with sensors ;) - £400
Disc cut - £70

Obviously, the sensors are no good as is, which none of us expected. Around £850 atm, if I have to get new sensors, another £80-90 each from extreme. If I can modify the sensors I have, I'll still be smiling.

AFIK the KADS will set you back £1300+ just for the fronts...?

It is definitely a lot of trouble to go to, but we're sad buggers that get a kick out of getting dirty!

If I did it all again..... I'd probably get some KADS!
ooh hang on , i'll send you the bill for my labour , and then derek will be charging for the tea , so all in all the kads are a bobby bargin :rolleyes4

bernmc
18-10-2005, 05:30 PM
ooh hang on , i'll send you the bill for my labour , and then derek will be charging for the tea , so all in all the kads are a bobby bargin :rolleyes4
Don't worry, I've put your 50p in a safe place ;). SOnn you wil be rich! Rich, I tell you!

Anyway

:inquisiti

Fume & spit:

bernmc
18-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Ta...DAAAAAA!!! :D:D:D

Full story will be added to my brembo thread here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11543)

Nick Mann
18-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Glad I don't have to mess around measuring now!

Glad to see your fuel gauge needle is in the right place.

bernmc
19-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Glad I don't have to mess around measuring now!

Glad to see your fuel gauge needle is in the right place. It's a guage :o:o:o!!! I thought it was a sticker!

(Can you see my odo reading... that's about as good as I can get!)

Nick Mann
19-10-2005, 01:31 PM
(Can you see my odo reading... that's about as good as I can get!)

What did it read when you filled up? 100 ish?!? :rolleyes4 /pan