PDA

View Full Version : what speakers to buy?

Gly
18-10-2005, 06:26 AM
well
my rear speakers have finally died a painful death..
(ripped the cone from the rubber surround) :rolleyes4
(dont buy SH!T speakers off TradeMe)

so time to buy something to replace them with..
they are for my rear doors and would perfer if they could fit in the factory position,

they will be running of my kenwood 350Watt max amp.

not looking to speand a fortune on components,
i would be happy with some 2/3 way ones.

any recommendations?

i may buy them from Parallel Imported (http://www.parallelimported.co.nz) this time round? to save a bit of cash

mpau009
18-10-2005, 07:31 AM
i may buy them from Parallel Imported (http://www.parallelimported.co.nz) this time round? to save a bit of cash

I bought all my audio stuff from parallel (and camera and cell..), so did my mates. It might not be the top of the line stuff, but you can't beat the prices for what you get. I still have factory speakers + a sub, but my friend got Sony Xplod speakers to replace the ones in his civic, they sounded pretty damn good, and they seemed about the same size as their factory ones. Might be worth a look.

status
21-10-2005, 04:01 AM
Definetly buy them from Parallel Imports. I got some 3 way Pioneers for the rears, they are a straight swap and very reasonably priced.

You See
21-10-2005, 04:20 AM
yep, as with everyone else...parallel imports is the place. Tho I got my sounds from Paul Money, same shyt different warranty (but who really cares nowdays) ...Infinity's in my baby. Had coupla 12's but got rid of them and replaced it with one Soundstream...whoa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa ...if you're running them through an amp, best to go with something decent.

dickytim
21-10-2005, 06:19 AM
buy some second hand 6.5" from me, I have a set of phillips in my room, $20 and they are yours. they are only about 80W 3 ways.

PM me or e-mail me.

dickytim@hotmail.com

Gly
21-10-2005, 06:32 AM
buy some second hand 6.5" from me, I have a set of phillips in my room, $20 and they are yours. they are only about 80W 3 ways.

PM me or e-mail me.

dickytim@hotmail.com

sorry bit on the under rated side for me.. need some thing round 50WRMS (200ish watts)
as i will be rinning them off a Amp.

been into PI yesterday..
trying to decide on weather to get some PB or Alpine or kenwood speakers.

You See
21-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Go for the Alpine's dude....You won't regret it! /yes

dickytim
22-10-2005, 12:44 AM
just re read my post slight typo 180W :)

dickytim
22-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Also Gly try getting a price from P.I. then go to Paul Money or Hotwire they will more than likely match it.

Gly
22-10-2005, 01:18 AM
oh in that case you have a pm... (they will do for now)

no point... PI is a 3 min drive from me.
really wouldnt be worth the extra cost in gas to get them else where