PDA

View Full Version : Droning and Vibration..

Wodjno
18-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Yesterday i noticed a noise coming from the front end of the car. /Hmmm It only does it when i turn the steering wheel to the left. Even a very slight ammount. Any ideas ? :inquisiti

zedy1
18-10-2005, 11:08 PM
wheel bearing

Wodjno
18-10-2005, 11:28 PM
wheel bearing

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if it's got any play in it.. Left 1 was replaced 18months ago when gearbox was rebuilt. So will check right 1 first.. /Hmmm

andy43
19-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I sometimes get a droning sound in mine, usually gets worse with speed or sharp cornering, sounds like it's coming from the passenger side somewhere...

but I can only ever hear it when the wifes in the car /grr

Wouter
19-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Hmm... knackered drive shaft? CV joint?? Who needs 4 wheel drive anyway! /pan

Jimbo
19-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I get a droning on mine when I corner hard, but it's actually the rear discs in my case.

Noises can sometimes be confusing as well - a noise you could swear blind is coming from the front might actually be from the rear.....i.e. it could be the ayc diff.

Another possibility as well - tyres?

I hope it's something simple, wheel bearings aren't cheap on VR4's.

Quad Al
19-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Sounds like wheel bearing Wodj, whip it up to speed and it should get louder and then even gravelier cornering at speed. Very hard to measure the play, you'll need a DTI and the play your looking for is greater than 0.05mm. :rolleyes4 . Fat chance!!!
If its your bearing search my thread " noisy front wheel bearing". All info' here to get yourself one without going to Mitsi', and half the price YEEEAAH!. :drummer:
KOYO bearings are POOOOOOOOOOO! ,
Especially in BIG JAP BARGES.
Especially pushin' it round corners! :evil2: /yes :evil2: .
Cheers,
Al.

Wodjno
19-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Sounds like wheel bearing Wodj, whip it up to speed and it should get louder and then even gravelier cornering at speed. Very hard to measure the play, you'll need a DTI and the play your looking for is greater than 0.05mm. :rolleyes4 . Fat chance!!!
If its your bearing search my thread " noisy front wheel bearing". All info' here to get yourself one without going to Mitsi', and half the price YEEEAAH!. :drummer:
KOYO bearings are POOOOOOOOOOO! ,
Especially in BIG JAP BARGES.
Especially pushin' it round corners! :evil2: /yes :evil2: .
Cheers,
Al.

Nice one AL.. :thumbsup: But i am a little confused. /Hmmm

You say there half price, which is GOOD.. /yes
But you also say they Shiiiiiiiiiiite. :inquisiti

So is it a wise choice ??? :huh:

kato
19-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi mate had same problem in my old v6, turned out to be the cv joint .

Paul Beazer
19-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice one AL.. :thumbsup: But i am a little confused. /Hmmm

You say there half price, which is GOOD.. /yes
But you also say they Shiiiiiiiiiiite. :inquisiti

So is it a wise choice ??? :huh:

Not really, but no ones come up with a better one. Either £180 for new hub or £80 for the kit, same bearings.
Owts better than nowt!