PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

V6Sport
19-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Hello everyone at ClubVR4. i'm noob and a prowd owner of a 2000 Galant V6 sport estate. bought the car back in September with 92k miles but it drives like new and lots of toys aswell :thumbsup:

but i'm not very impressed with the accleration even its a V6. must to do with its heavy weight :(

so i'm now on the look out for a facelift VR4 :leer: . had a look on the traders but no luck finding a black or mauve legnum, so can people give some advice where to get hold of 1? i might consider import 1 from Japan if i have to. or will it be cheaper to find one thats already in the UK?

thanks

Al

KiwiTT
19-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Try and find one in the UK. Be sure to check the service history, they need them.

ritch_w
20-10-2005, 09:46 AM
hi mate

v6 sport not quick??? must be something wrong with it!!

for leggies etc - check the for sale forum, there are quite a few (bloody bargains as well!!!) in there - you may need to go back a few pages to find them all as that forum gets cluttered with allsorts of crap forsale

good luck :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
20-10-2005, 09:53 AM
You will have a major struggle on your hands to import a facelift VR4. There is no model report. (Search this site for 'model report'.) Facelifts are a rare thing to see for sale because of the import problem.

Keep looking and you'll find one eventually.

The V6 is not a slow car. You should be quicker than most.

V6Sport
20-10-2005, 11:47 AM
thanks i'll keep looking around.

whats the reliability like on these turbo'd 6A13 compred to the NA V6? and is the Auto box on the VR4 prown to give problems as i've read a few thread that someone is having problems.

dont get me wrong the NA V6 is not exactly that slow with 160bhp and 164lb.ft of torque. and most if its power is available from 2k rpm.
but its just not quick enough for my liking so thats why i'm looking to upgrade for a VR4.

Nick Mann
20-10-2005, 01:28 PM
whats the reliability like on these turbo'd 6A13 compred to the NA V6? and is the Auto box on the VR4 prown to give problems as i've read a few thread that someone is having problems.

The gearbox sometimes leaks past a seal, which is a cheap seal, but time consuming to fit. Not yet had the problem myself, so can't tell you lots about it!

The engine is good and reliable in standard trim. Most (if not all) of the big engine problems have been with modified motors.

Have you read the buyers guide? Click the Resources tab near the top of the screen.

V6Sport
20-10-2005, 02:00 PM
thanks Nick :thumbsup:

i'll have a good read on that.